Dexter

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Dexter star Michael C Hall 'fully recovered' from cancer
Michael C Hall, the star of Dexter, is "fully recovered" from cancer and has returned to work, according to his wife.

Published: 10:13PM BST 23 Apr 2010
The Telegraph

Jennifer Carpenter said Friday that Hall was "incredibly brave" when he announced in January that he was undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer that attacks the lymph nodes.

The 38-year-old Hall went into remission and continued treatment at a health facility near Los Angeles.

Hall won a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Globe Award earlier this year for his portrayal of Dexter, a serial killer who targets other murderers. Carpenter stars on the bloody Showtime hit series as Dexter's seemingly unknowing sister.

Speaking in January Hall thanked people for their support.

"I’ve been feeling very well because I made this announcement," he said.

"Because of these public events, I’ve heard from people I would have not have heard from otherwise."
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

So far, I'm 7 episodes into season 3 and I may have one of my favorite episodes so far. Easy as Pie is a wonderful little episode.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

So, I watched the first two episodes of this show online back when it first premiered. I thought it was interesting, but I don't subscribe to any pay tv, so never got to watch it. After they decided to air edited versions on CBS, I decided to put it in my Netflix queue and catch up. I thought it would be interesting to see how much they edited out.

So, I must say I'm only through 8 eps but it is one of the best shows currently on television. The ensemble is terrific led resolutely by the sickly fun Michael C. Hall. They introduce characters in one episode as an aside and then give them a full storyline later. The way the writers blend each episode to the next is terrific.

I'll have to live off DVD copies of the season, but this is a marvelous show.

Does anyone else watch?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Broadcast Media”