New Developments III

Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Re: New Developments III

Post by Sonic Youth »

The difference between Trump and DeSantis is the difference between a bully and a sadist.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The federal investigation into DeSantis' kidnapping of the Venezuelan asylum seekers is well under way. Luring people to cross state lines with false promises is a form of kidnapping. These people all had appointments with immigration judges in states throughout the country. More than one federal crime was committed here.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Greg wrote
California governor urges investigation into possible kidnapping charges for Gov. DeSantis migrant flights:
I think Gavin Newsom has no chance of becoming President. That being said, I am enjoying his efforts.

We're years off, but I go back and forth between thinking Ron DeSantis is the most overrated politician today or the Republican I'm most concerned about in the general election. It seems like every election cycle, some asshole governor gets bandied about as the party's new hope and it never happens. But maybe he could do it? He's just such an unrelenting asshole. Humor was one of Trump's keys to victory in the 2016 race.
"How's the despair?"
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

California governor urges investigation into possible kidnapping charges for Gov. DeSantis migrant flights:

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... 6708d0d423
taki15
Assistant

Post by taki15 »

Do you think that a string of military wins by Ukraine will improve Democrats' chances in the midterm elections?
I know that congressional Republicans have more or less supported Biden's pro-Ukraine policies but on the other hand Trump and his cultists have been very vocal about their support to his buddy Putin.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Probably not. His response post-Roe was anemic at best. He's getting credit for the slowing inflation, reduction in gas prices, his recent legislative achievements, and his student loan maneuvers. His increase is his own doing, not Alito's. Alito's influence will be felt downballot.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
taki15
Assistant

Post by taki15 »

Sabin wrote:On the one hand, I don't think 44% is something to brag about too loudly. On the other hand, great work, Joe. Keep it up!

https://www.rawstory.com/biden-approval ... or-reagan/
He can thank Sam Alito for that.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

On the one hand, I don't think 44% is something to brag about too loudly. On the other hand, great work, Joe. Keep it up!

https://www.rawstory.com/biden-approval ... or-reagan/
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Both the New York Daily News and the New York Post reported that the FBI seized 11 sets of classified documents from Mar-a-Lago but it was the second lead story behind "Anne Heche Dead".

It reminded me of the Cold War legend that said if World War III broke out and Marilyn Monroe died on the same day, the Daily News would run with the headline that Monroe died.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

With Trump, it's always a game of "Incompetence or treason?" but this is wild.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Such sweet irony. Trump's Mar-a-Lago home raided on the 48th anniversary of Nixon's resignation.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Okri wrote:A good day.
How about today?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Okri wrote
A good day.
A very good day. I wish they passed it last year so voters could feel the effects of inflation reduction before midterm voting (should've just written it with Manchin in the first place), but this is the kind of smart legislating that I've wanted to see this administration do.

Oh, also, Alex Jones has to pay the Sandy Hook families $50 mil, Jones' texts have been turned over to the J6 committee, and the FBI just executed a warrant at Mar-a-Lago. :shock:
"How's the despair?"
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

A good day.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Abortion rights in Kansas protected in a fucking landslide.

https://www.npr.org/sections/2022-live- ... -amendment
"How's the despair?"

Return to “Current Events”