Billboard's Top 30 Summer Songs of All Time

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

My number one would've been Roy Ayers "Everybody Loves the Sunshine." Sleazy, sweltering and lackadaisical all in unison.

Among the songs that peaked in summer months during my lifetime, two that still stand out, for whatever reason, are Tina Turner's "I Don't Wanna Fight" and Tears for Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World."

Edited By Eric on 1278106300
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Damien wrote:Can't argue with number 1.
The further I got down the list, the more I was convinced the Spoonful had to be number one. An inarguable choice for me, and I presume for many urban dwellers, who know the sweltering, sleazy side of summer as counterpoint to the bucolic so many offer.

It goes the other way with summer songs, too, Damien -- the Chad and Jeremy tune (for which I've always been a sucker) didn't hit the charts till September, and I think Summer Breeze was actually a Fall/winter hit.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Can't argue with number 1.

But Summer Songs don't necessarily have to be about summer. If they were hits during the hot months they are de facto Summer Songs, so for me the greatest Summer Song is "Satisfaction," which dominated the airwaves in the Summer of '65.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Where's "Surfin' Bird"?

http://www.billboard.com/feature....0.story

Happy July 4th weekend!
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “Broadcast Media”