Happy Birthday SABIN

Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Happy belated, Sabin.

Sorry to hear you didn't have any 'kittens'.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Happy belated Birthday Sabin!. I´ve just returned from a brief mini vacation.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Thanks guys. One of the lamer birthdays. I woke up after a kibbutz party and was given breakfast at my hostel by this lovely Jewish couple that knew no English to speak of. They asked me if I wanted to go to the Golan Heights because it was snowing there. I said "Sure, but I have to pick up some hair gel from a different hostel because my hair is really long and horrible." They didn't understand what I meant and when I came back, they were gone. They didn't have my hair gel either. I remembered that it was in Shlomi, this residential town, so I took a cap from Nahrriya to Shlomi and they didn't have it either! And the town was shut down on Saturday so I was stranded in this bum-fuck residential town with nothing to do and the most expensive hostels ever.

So I hitched back to Nahrriya and waited until sunset and took a train to Florentine where some new friends of mine let me crash. We hung out until 5 in the morning drinking. Not a great birthday compared to what it could've been, but I've had worse. And a bad birthday is a nice alternative to none at all.

Greg
Happy birthday! By the way, just because you're in Israel, it doesn't mean you can't work on a spec script or two. United Artists and The Weinstein Company have signed an agreement with the WGA; so, at least they can buy scripts and make movies right now.

Don't I know it.

Damien
Happy Birthday, old friend! It's been a pleasure watching you grow and develop over the years (close to a decade, wow!).

I can' tell if you're making fun of me.

Uri
Oy vey. You guys are, well, clueless. Israelis tend to be rather culture-centric.

Yeah, I'm done. I'm the New York-iest Jew to never live in New York.

Damien
Ummmm, it was a joke. (And Sabin and I have a little bit of a history with Bettie Page.)

Hush. Thanks but hush.

Akash
I'm sure you'll meet other Israeli girls who don't buy into American media imperialism's Cult of the Child -- where mid to late 20's means your life is over (besides, didn't you already get some tail in Israel?) -- and even if you don't, just remind them you're American and about a little something called the Israel Lobby. Tell them they owe you or something. Or you could always try Israeli boys (no one here would be shocked, I promise you)

Thank you. And you wish.

I did in fact get some tail in Isarel but she was an American import on my Birthright trip. I got drunk with her after the sulfuric hot springs in Tiberia and she kinda gave me head a little bit. That was pretty cool.

Yesterday I saw 'Dan in Real Life' which was wonderful.
"How's the despair?"
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Happy Birthday, Sabin. Love reading your posts here.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Happy birthday Sabin!!!
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Happy Birthday, Sabin. Seems to be the day to have a birthday.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Hey, Sabin, have a good one! Don't ruin your day by seeing Todd.LOL
rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

Happy, happy day!!!
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Happy birthday! By the way, just because you're in Israel, it doesn't mean you can't work on a spec script or two. United Artists and The Weinstein Company have signed an agreement with the WGA; so, at least they can buy scripts and make movies right now.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

Happy Birthday!
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Happy Birthday, Sabin!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Uri wrote:Oy vey. You guys are, well, clueless. Israelis tend to be rather culture-centric. I fear the catholic stuff would be a definite deal breaker. As for Bettie Page – for start, no one heard about her here, and people here tend to be too direct (which is a kind way to say we're not that complex or sophisticated), the idea of this dressing up wont be that welcome.

Ummmm, it was a joke. (And Sabin and I have a little bit of a history with Bettie Page.)

Edited By Damien on 1200760624
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Uri
Adjunct

Post by Uri »

Damien wrote:My hint for picking up Israeli women: Tell them you went to a Catholic high school - it will make you seem very exotic. Or ask them to put on a Bettie Page wig -- women love that! :D
Oy vey. You guys are, well, clueless. Israelis tend to be rather culture-centric. I fear the catholic stuff would be a definite deal breaker. As for Bettie Page – for start, no one heard about her here, and people here tend to be too direct (which is a kind way to say we're not that complex or sophisticated), the idea of this dressing up wont be that welcome.

Happy Birthday, Sabin. I can just hear these girls in my head with their The Band Visit kind of fracture English. You Americans of this board - count your blessings, for all you had to suffer is my poorly written English.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Happy Birthday, old friend! It's been a pleasure watching you grow and develop over the years (close to a decade, wow!).

My hint for picking up Israeli women: Tell them you went to a Catholic high school - it will make you seem very exotic. Or ask them to put on a Bettie Page wig -- women love that! :D
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Happy Birthday buddy. Go watch a Wes Andersen film in Yiddish!
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.

Return to “General Off-Topic”