mister tee's saga

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Damn the luck. Well, we're not discussing either festival anyway, so feel free to chime in on them when you get back. No rush, just get better as soon as you can.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

We'll be thinking about you here, and putting you in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you have some good videos to watch while you are recovering:)
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

I echo everyone else - get well soon!
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

Get well soon!
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hope you have a speedy recovery, Tee!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Whew. Actually, this is a relief. When I saw the no-caps, I expected something more severe.

You were in the hospital where I was born, and some say I turned out okay. Get well soon, Bionic Tee.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

Very sorry to hear about it T. Hope you have someone there to tend for you at this time. Not very much fun, is it?
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Tee, I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. I hope you get better soon :(
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

for those who might have noticed i've not been around despite my enthusiasm for venice/telluride, an email i just sent to a bunch of friends

friends --

you'll quickly understand why i'm doing this as a group mailing rather than individual.

thursday morning, i was headed into the subway kiosk at 72nd street. one the people who's always foisting am new york on me had, unbeknownst to me, tossed his cut bindings onto the ground near the garbage cans. my foot caught in one, making a perfect trip wire that sent me sprawling.

those who've known me years might be asking, isn't this deja vu? (and why don't positive moments recur as deja vu?) yes, i did fall and break a shoulder 18 years back, that time returning home on a subway; different circumstance; unfortunate same reaction. i fractured the hell out of my ball and socket joint this time -- essentially destroying the ball, which was replaced with a metal part during surgery on friday.

i was in roosevelt hospital from thursday till yesterday afternoon; now i'm home and hoping i have enough percocet to get past the pain. one bright side, they say...because the ball doesn't need to heal, they can start physical therapy in short order, so my total down time should be far less than last time.

have i mentioned i don't think this is even a little bit fair?

more later when i'm closer to human

tom

more when i feel up to it

Return to “General Off-Topic”