Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Sign me up. Another game couldn't hurt.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I came up with this game idea while I was working on my precursors spreadsheets and thought it might be interesting to give a go.

Sometimes, I bet the Academy just wishes it could take back the Oscars it hands out because of the crap actors and directors have done since their wins. In a turn-based order, similar to Penelope's game, those who sign up will choose an actor who has squandered their Oscar win. You don't have to love or hate the performance they won for, but you have to believe their output since has been, on the whole, unworthy an Oscar winner.

The rules:

You must cite performances that exemplify your argument. Don't go hog wild.
You cannot choose someone who has won or been nominated for an Oscar since the win in question.
You cannot select an individual if they have not made a film since their win unless it's been five years, at which point we can assume they've given up on the career post-win.
You don't assign the Oscar to someone else, you just ask the artist to give back their award.

So, let's get signups started and then I'll randomly determine an order and we'll get started probably at the end of the week.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Film Discussions”