OLTL (aka, The Best Show on TV) - You should be watching this show!

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

flipp525 wrote:
Penelope wrote:Flipp, you might want to check out OLTL next week: they're doing a Grey Gardens fantasy with Dorian and Blair.
Wonderful! Can you post?
If I see them uploaded on youtube, I'll share them here.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Penelope wrote:Flipp, you might want to check out OLTL next week: they're doing a Grey Gardens fantasy with Dorian and Blair.
Wonderful! Can you post?
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Flipp, you might want to check out OLTL next week: they're doing a Grey Gardens fantasy with Dorian and Blair.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Cool spoiler:
Real Life Mom Plays Reel Mom on OLTL
In a charming casting twist, Lisa Evans will play her son Scott Evans' (Fish) soap mom on upcoming episodes of ONE LIFE TO LIVE. "She came to set a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to show her around and she met Frank (Valentini, executive producer)," shares Evans. "My mother is very personable and I'd mentioned to Frank that she was a dancer growing up and we've done plays together. When I was a little kid I'd say, 'Mom, come do this play with me,' and she'd say, 'Ok.' It was easier for her, instead of just driving me to rehearsal, she could be in the show. She runs a children's theater, and Frank was like, 'Would she want to do it?' She didn't audition or anything. He put his trust in me, I guess." Playing his mother's son was a breeze. "It's incredible! I get to work with my mother. We have some really fun scenes coming up where it's just us two talking and it's really just us two talking. When I say, 'Mom' it's definitely not acting, it's absolutely real," smiles Evans.

J. Tucker Smith has been cast as Fish's father. Their names are, wait for it, Barbara and George Fish. They'll first air Sept 16.

Pic of Scott with his Mom.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Part 13 : Kyle catches Cristian reading Fish's note and reluctantly offers vague answers to Cristian's questions; Fish doesn't respond well to Layla's accusation; Cristian confronts Layla and Fish; Kyle shares his sorrow with Roxy.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Part 12 : Brody and Cristian discuss the Kyle/Fish/Layla situation; Layla isn't happy that Fish broadcast their relationship to the whole Llanview PD; Cristian reads a note Fish left for Kyle. (Scott Evans is excellent in this episode, subtly and marvelously portraying Fish's denial, desperation, guilt [for using Layla] and that blasted internalized shame.)

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Kyle is so sexy.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Oh, hell yeah!

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Set your calendars and take the day off on August 6: Fish and Kyle will kiss ON-SCREEN that day!

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Part 11 : Téa and Cris counsel each other with lots of recapping dialogue; Layla has her first day at Llanview PD and gets a promise from Fish.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Part 10 : Cristian continues to question Kyle about Fish; Layla and Fish get hot and heavy back at the apartment; Roxy has a revelation.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Part 9 : Fish and Layla have another date; Cristian questions Kyle about Fish.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Part 8 : Cris isn’t pleased that Layla has another date with Fish; Fish isn’t impressed when Kyle tells him that Natalie had the charges dropped, but then Kyle isn’t impressed with Fish when he mentions his date with Layla; Blair counsels Layla and Cris; Cris and Kyle jealously observe Fish and Layla; Blair sings “Untangled” over a montage of the show’s various couples.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Part 7 : Roxy's confrontation with the evil nurse turns nasty; Kyle, Natalie and Jared make a shocking discovery at the clinic; Stacy gets a surprise delivery.

Return to “Broadcast Media”