Happy New Year

Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

I just got home after four days in the hospital (nothing at all serious), and I'm so glad I'm back in time to wish everyone here -- each of whom makes this the best, most interesting literate and intelligent film board on the Internet -- a wonderful New Year.

May joy reign supreme in 2008!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

I can't recall any year in my longish life to which I've been more anxious to wave goodbye (with a dark line drawn under it).

An improved '08 to all, with many hearty discussions to come.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Happy New Year to all my dear, dear friends! May your celebrations be safe and fun, and may 2008 bring all the joy and peace we can possibly achieve!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Happy New Year, friends. I hope you can celebrate tonight with good drink and better companions.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Nik
Temp

Post by Nik »

Hey everyone! I've been gone for a long time (for those of you who remember me) and I probably can't stay much longer this time, but I just wanted to pop in and wish a Happy New Year to my old UAADB family.

Oscar Guy, I think it's wonderful that you've kept this place alive and well for so long. A special kudos to you. If we were in the same room, I'd buy you a drink.

I've been working with UNICEF for the past year and I was in Nepal for a while initially to help with the elections but also to do some other work. I've taken time off from my PhD to do things I really want to do (well, that and I'm actually using the time to write, compile my research etc) My husband Rick and I just returned to London and we're here with my family for the holidays and ringing in the New Year. Then I'm heading back to Kathmandu.

Magilla, great job as always.

Reza, I hope all is well with you and your family. You are in my prayers.

Josh (Sabin), I hope you're having an awesome time in Israel and I hope the past year in Chicago (it is Chicago right?) was rewarding. How's the screenplay coming?

Damien, I owe you an email/phone call! Let's chat soon and catch up and if I can get to NY early in 2008 we should have dinner or something. I hope all is well with you dear friend.

Best
Nik

Edited By Nik on 1199143658
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Happy new year to all. Hope 2008 brings joy and another shit film winning Best Picture...
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Happy New Year to all
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Happy New Year everyone!
I have enjoyed the posts this year, and look forward to the heated discussions now that we are gearing up for the whole Oscar schmear once more.
My resolution: lose some weight so that I can look at least presentable in a bathing suit this spring in Costa Rica.

Return to “General Off-Topic”