ATWT

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Rumors are that gay teen Luke may--"may"--be getting a love interest soon; TPTB are testing the waters with the latest Fan Panel poll, asking fans if they want such a storyline, in addition to questions about Lily and Faith's weight issues, whether Meg should end up with Paul (yes) or Craig (no), and Paul's "visions" (aside: what a ridiculous s/l, Roger Howarth and Marie Wilson deserve better than this). Let them know that Luke needs a boyfriend by voting here.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Wow...today's ep wasn't something *I* was expecting...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Let's hope this is all over. Spencer was completely out of her depth on the show, IMO.

Who knows what's going to happen now. I'm sure somehow they'll replace her with another actress to play Lucy when Dusty escapes and goes after her.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Today's episode was probably the best in months--nearly everybody was on-screen--it was nice to see Barbara, Lucinda and Luke. Spencer Grammer (Kelsey's daughter, who plays Lucy) has left the show, taking little Johnny with her--maybe now we can move away from Craig...and that little girl kicking Simon and taking the bribe was genuinely hilarious!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

During today's episode, there was a commercial for a huge storm series of episodes in a couple of weeks.
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:We just get done with the Storm of the Century on ATWT and now they're doing a storm on Y&R...

Really? I watch Y&R religiously and don't know what you're talking about. What do you mean?
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

We just get done with the Storm of the Century on ATWT and now they're doing a storm on Y&R...
Wesley Lovell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

OscarGuy wrote:what's the prospect of getting rid of Craig Montgomery forever?

Tell me about it; Craig has practically taken over the show, and how he's impacting Dusty and Paul is totally stupid. I couldn't believe the two of them trying to rationalize murder. I wish Craig would go back to jail and stay there forever.

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Penelope wrote:ATWT needs a new hunk (or two: ex-DAYS actor Austin Peck is joining ATWT as Jack's brother Brad Snyder).
Be careful what you wish for, Penelope. Austin Peck represents the nadir of soap opera acting. He's so bad he transcends the very concept of bad acting, discovering new subterranean, previously-hidden continents of bad acting. All of us "Days of Our Lives" viewers rejoiced when we heard TPTB had finally wised up and let him go (along with his bland counterpart, Carrie, played by Christie Clark). If you've ever wanted to see what a tree would do if it was pumped full of blood and put in front of a camera, then you're in for a real treat.

And he's not even hot enough to justify sitting through that.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Now, this isn't my first time. I've been watching ATWT since I heard they were gonna have a slasher segment.

I didn't know Simon and Mike were leaving...that's too bad. I really do like both characters...I just wish they'd get rid of Will and his brother...oh and what's the prospect of getting rid of Craig Montgomery forever?
Wesley Lovell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hehe, I presume you're talking about Matt Cavanaugh, who's taken over the role of Adam from Matthew J. Morrison. Yeah, he does seem rather obviously gay--maybe they can change the storyline and have him hook up with Luke, who's been drifting without a story since he came out to Kevin. Cavanaugh certainly looks nice without a shirt, and with Paul Leyden (Simon) and Mark Collier (Mike) leaving Oakdale, ATWT needs a new hunk (or two: ex-DAYS actor Austin Peck is joining ATWT as Jack's brother Brad Snyder).

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Is this your first time watching a soap opera? They're filled with very "obviously-gay" actors trying to sell themselves as straight men in romantic roles. It's a staple of the genre.

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Well, so that Penelope has something to discuss ( :) ), I find it amusing that they get a somewhat obviously-gay actor to substitute for a somewhat obviously-straight actor for a romantic role...
Wesley Lovell

Return to “Broadcast Media”