Y&R

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I think it's beginning to look more and more like Jenna's the killer. I can't get past her "suspicions" as an attempt to place the blame on Adrian, who I really like and hate to see so reviled on the show. I hope he ends up with Colleen...though I seriously doubt they'd leave JT alone without her for long.

And, if it didn't throw a wrench into the works, I know I'd have just shot Sheila dead and then worried about where to dispose of the body...I mean if she was already made to look like a corpse, why couldn't she have been one?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Oh s—t! Sheila escaped yesterday! Better watch out, Phyllis and Lauren, cuz you’re both kinda screwed now.

Edited By flipp525 on 1170173795
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Sheila stabbed herself in the freakin' stomach! That bitch is whack!
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Katherine's big revelation to Jill that she switched Philip out with another child so many years ago was absolute soap opera gold. Incredible powerhouse acting by Jeanne Cooper (Katherine) and Jess Walton (Jill). I'm so glad that these two have a compelling storyline again. Ever since, the powers that be decided to reveal that these two former rivals were, in fact, mother and daughter, they've been a bit backburnered. This SL has the makings for some classic soap.

Edited By flipp525 on 1168223418

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Whoa! Sheila (as played by Michelle Stafford) is one fuckin' scary bitch! When she was in that cell alone trying to act like Phyllis and then reciting her master plan to herself in the mirror, I was alternately amused and just plain horrified. MS has Kimberlin Brown's mannerisms down pat. I think this is going to be a scary time coming up for Lauren and Fen. I'm just wondering, isn't Sheila going to have to get Real!Phyllis and Paul locked up in that cell in order to make this whole thing work? How did Paul get involved in this in the first place and why is he acting so maniacal? Why hasn't he gone to the authorities with his knowledge of Sheila's whereabouts?

Here is one of the funniest videos I've ever encountered. It's a 1987 "Welcome to My Home" special hosted by Brenda Dickson (ex-Jill Foster Abbott, 1973-80; 1983-87)

Welcome to My Home, Part 1

Welcome to My Home, Part 2

"How do you look better today than you did 11 and a half years ago?"

"Well, HELLO...Welcome to my living room!...do you like this gown? It's very dramatic!"

HAHAHA!

Edited By flipp525 on 1167764415

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I never even thought that Paul might have been the killer. It does make perfect sense...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

flipp525 wrote:It's now been confirmed in soap spoilers that Michelle Stafford will be playing both Phyllis and "Sheila" in the new year. Paul, Michael and Lauren will all be involved in the storyline which will result in them having to "try and live with themselves after they've commited a horrible act in order to vanquish an evil presence in Genoa City".

Hmm...sounds interesting.
Well, if they're teaming up, it has to be that they found out who killed Carmen Mesta. I have a feeling that there are only two people they will feel betrayed by enough to go to such a drastic measure. Brad Carlton or Kevin Fisher. My money's on Brad Carlton because I can't see a man like Michael and a woman like Lauren going after family like that...but I can definitely see Paul going after Brad since he would very much feel betrayed by him after defending him in the whole process.
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

It's now been confirmed in soap spoilers that Michelle Stafford will be playing both Phyllis and "Sheila" in the new year. Paul, Michael and Lauren will all be involved in the storyline which will result in them having to "try and live with themselves after they've commited a horrible act in order to vanquish an evil presence in Genoa City".

Hmm...sounds interesting.

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Okay, here's the new theory adding in your suggestion:

Phyllis gives birth to her baby in the elevator with help from Jack (who very well could be the actual father, unbeknownst to him), is very weak and is taken to the hospital. While she's there, Sheila, posing as a nurse or a candy striper or doctor, kidnaps her and puts her in some secret location and steps in as Phyllis. You're right, Wes, the writers would not totally knock off Michelle Stafford's Phyllis (as they did so recently with Jerry Douglas' patriarchal John Abbott). However, I have to believe they haven’t dropped the ball on the Sheila switcheroo either. I think Sheila as Phyllis would be an awesome development.

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I know but if she's such a popular character and she's not leaving the show, then there's no reason NOT to keep the character. Besides, if they want to do the Evil phyllis thing, then they just need to have evil phyllis abduct good phyllis.
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:BTW, On EW last night, they were talking to Michelle and she said that when it's all over Phyllis will probably the next day look incredible with no baby weight. It seems like she's indicating she's not going to die.

That's true, although, they've clearly set up a scenario where Phyllis could die and Michelle Stafford could still, theoretically, be on the show.

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Oh look. It's a snow storm...I thought it would be a regular storm but...it's ATWT all over again.

BTW, On EW last night, they were talking to Michelle and she said that when it's all over Phyllis will probably the next day look incredible with no baby weight. It seems like she's indicating she's not going to die.
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

There's currently speculation making the rounds that Phyllis will actually end up dying in childbirth. I saw a whole promo for the new issue of Soap Opera Digest announcing "Will Phyllis Die?" I think this will be the point at which Sheila (who, if you'll remember had plastic surgery to look exactly like Phyllis) will somehow take her place and begin terrorizing Lauren again. I mean, c'mon. Everyone knows Sheila isn't dead. That bitch never buys the farm. So, if Real!Phyllis dies while giving birth, that would be the perfect oppportunity for Phyllis!Sheila to assume her identity, a development we know has been a possibility since Sheila's latest scheme was revealed to Michael and Lauren by Paul.

It all also fits in with a 2007 spoiler I found: "Lauren, Paul and Michael will be changed forever when they fight a monster, and their radical solution eats away at their souls." The "monster" is obviously Sheila.

Now will they sacrifice the character of Phyllis, portrayed by Michelle Stafford, one of the most popular actresses on the show, to pull off this gimmicky (if not totally soapy and therefore hilariously fun to watch) stunt off?

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

flipp525 wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:Ok, so I know who did it. The British chick from the coffee shop.

Yeah, Jana's totally fishy but I think, ultimately, a red herring. I think she and Professor Korbel are actually working together to recover the Grugeon reliquary for the Nazis and that the killer is one of the more established members of the cast. Did you know the killer is supposed to committ another murder soon to cover up their part in Carmen Mesta's death?
Sounds like Brad, then.

He's the only one who would turn into a serial. I honestly don't think Jack, for all his flaws, did it.

I like Korbel, so I'm hoping they are completely wrong about him. Perhaps Jana is after the Gurgeon collection and I would rather it be solely her and no Korbel (who is one of the few reasons I watch the show still).
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:Ok, so I know who did it. The British chick from the coffee shop.

Yeah, Jana's totally fishy but I think, ultimately, a red herring. I think she and Professor Korbel are actually working together to recover the Grugeon reliquary for the Nazis and that the killer is one of the more established members of the cast. Did you know the killer is supposed to committ another murder soon to cover up their part in Carmen Mesta's death?

Return to “Broadcast Media”