Y&R

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:The woman they got to play Colleen's mother is perfect casting...the resemblance is uncanny.
You're right, she does. Although the casting might be the other way around. Beth Maitland has been playing Traci Abbott since the early 80's.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The woman they got to play Colleen's mother is perfect casting...the resemblance is uncanny.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

flipp525 wrote:Is Carmen not really dead? Who the fuck was that yesterday? A lookalike? I'm totally confused. I really thought that Dru was just seeing things.
I was beginning to think she had a psychotic break and all those times she moved things, she did it but has forgotten...as if she has two personalities...and it really is possible someone could have had themselves made up to look like Carmen.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Is Carmen not really dead? Who the fuck was that yesterday? A lookalike? I'm totally confused. I really thought that Dru was just seeing things.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I think they'll want Cane to have the marriage annuled...and besides, since they just found out he's related, they would be able to deny him money unless he did so. I don't know how that's going to turn out, but I don't think Amber has a future on the show.

And I liked her right up until that point. The boy deserves better...maybe like Kevin Fisher or Adrien Korbel ;)
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Wes, what are your thoughts on the Amber/Cane situation? I'm thinking that Jill and Katherine are gonna flip out on her once they learn what she pulled to glom her way into the Chancellor fortune. Apparently, marrying into rich families is this character's modus operendi; it's what she did over on The Bold and the Beautiful with the Forrester clan.

Edited By flipp525 on 1172294107

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm hoping that Kevin presses assault charges on all those people who are punching, beating him up over the whole incident once Colleen wakes up, which she will, I'm sure.
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Well, besides that logistical explanation (which I would agree with), wouldn't it be just as easy for Kevin to simply explain what he knows about all the reliquary stuff to Brad and Victoria including the fact that Jana was the one who stole Victoria's portfolio which led to Carmen Mesta's murder? I mean, how else would he know about the inscription on the Grugeon, Kutna Hora, the missing portfolio, etc., if not for Colleen and Jana's involvement (and subsequent explanation)?

That stupid D.A. Will Bardwell never stops to look at the evidence. He just storms in making accusations when the evidence only slightly points towards one suspect. I can't stand him.

Now I'm kind of surprised that Kevin didn't make more of an effort in trying to track down that pen and paper for Colleen. She could've written down that he was innocent and save us from this wrongly accused storyline.

Jana is pretty fucking brilliant, btw, right down to her knowledge that dumping Carmen's body outside of Indigo would naturally cast suspision on the entire Winters clan.

Edited By flipp525 on 1172297934

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The perfect way to logically insinuate that Kevin wasn't involved is that he abudcted Colleen from her car. How would his wallet (WITH her license in it) be found under the car when it is psychologically unlikely that he would immediately take it and put it in his wallet. And if he had, then he'd have the wallet in his hand right after and thus would think to tuck it away.
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

And Brenda Dickson continues to live her life as Jill Foster Abbott. My god, woman. Get a grip on reality!

Former Y&R Actress Jailed In Hawaii
Posted Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:25:47 AM

As Jill Abbott on CBS's The Young and the Restless, actress Brenda Dickson earned a People's Choice Award for Best Villainess. But her refusal to leave an upscale apartment in Los Angeles has earned Dickson another honor that she might not want listed on her resume - a jail cell.

On the evening of February 6th, the 58-year-old former Y&R star was arrested in Hawaii on a civil contempt of court order from the aftermath of her highly contested, bitter divorce.

Dickson and attorney Jan Weinberg were married in Beverly Hills in 1997. The pair lived together in Honolulu until their divorce last year. In Dickson's divorce from Weinberg, 60, part-time Family Court District Judge Darryl Choy set aside an agreement between the two that would have given Dickson a Los Angeles apartment worth $1.3 million and $14,000 a month in alimony. Instead, Choy ruled that Dickson would receive no spousal support and that the high-priced condo be sold with the profits being equally split between both sides.

After the trial, however, Dickson refused to leave the LA condo, claiming that she didn't have the money to move or to store her belongings until she was able to find a new residence. In August, according to Weinberg, Dickson's refusal to vacate the premises resulted in the tanking of a $1,375,000 offer for the condo.

On September 20th, Choy found Dickson in contempt, issued a bench warrant for her arrest with bail set at $10,000 and fined her $1,000 a day, payable to Weinberg, for each day she refuses to leave the apartment. With Dickson still setting up shop in the Los Angeles condominium, the fines now total in excess of $160,000. It is expected that Dickson's fines will be paid from her share of the sale of a home the couple owned in Nu'uanu. If the fines exceed the total value of Dickson's share of house in Hawaii, the fines will then be culled from the future sale of the Los Angeles apartment. In addition, Choy also held Dickson responsible for the mortgage on the apartment -- costs which topped out near $6,000 per month.

"This judge has left me penniless," Dickson said in a recent interview. "He wants me to go on the street and be homeless. It's utterly and completely outrageous."

Dickson will remain behind bars until she agrees to comply with the judge's orders in the case.

And it doesn't look like Dickson will budge any time soon.

"She won't budge," Dickson's attorney told The Honolulu Advertiser. "She definitely will not move from that property or allow inspections to occur or allow the property to be sold."

Dickson appeared as Jill Abboot on The Young and the Restless from 1973-1980 and again from 1983-1987.

Edited By flipp525 on 1172001866

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

After Friday's ep (which I didn't watch until Sunday), I was going to actually post my supposition exactly as it transpired in the show on Monday.

It's just typical murder mystery plotting. Make one person look so guilty that any doubt of it almost leaves your head before it's revealed that it's someone else...

And we know now from the commercial that they will be caught in the fire and will likely both survive...

Edited By OscarGuy on 1171946364
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:I think it's beginning to look more and more like Jenna's the killer.
You were right, Wes! Jana's the murderer!

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Movielover wrote:Why did [Brenda Dickson] leave the show? No doubt about it - Jess Walton is the better actress. But I'm curious about her reason for leaving.

From what I've been able to gather, Brenda Dickson started to literally become Jill Foster Abbott -- the scheming, man-killer of a character that she played on Y&R who stole her employer's husband and continued a longstanding feud with soap legend, Jeanne Cooper's character Katherine Chancellor. Dickson left the show in 1980 to become a housewife, however, after her marriage ended she came back to the show and picked Jill back up, becoming the bitchiest villainess the show had ever seen. During her second run on the show, which ended in 1987 with the hiring of Jess Walton, producers said she had constantly indulged in "diva-like behavior" towards fellow castmates and producers. Jerry Douglas, who played her husband John Abbott, said that he couldn't stand her and others complained about her huge star demands and the blurred edges between her and her character. It's also been rumored that she slept with various producers and directors. In "Welcome to my Home", made towards the end of her huge celebrity in 1987, you can almost see how the character and the actress had become virtually indistinguishable. As she walks the viewer through an array of tacky dresses and shoes in her closet (including a tacky gold dress she says is "very dramatic!"), and pedantically shows you how to put on make-up and cookslow-fat foods, it almost feels like you're watching a modern-day Joan Crawford, completely self-obsessed and delusional.

Jess Walton's tenure as Jill Abbott has been hugely successful. Ever since 'the powers that be' decided to reveal that Katherine and Jill are actually mother and daughter, the two actresses have thrown themselves into a new phase of their characters' relationship, including the recent reveleation that Katherine switched out Jill's baby with another one years ago during a drunken rage, a memory Katherine had suppressed as part of a "blackout". As the two now search for the real Philip Chancellor III, it's hard to imagine how Dickson might've matured into this new version of Jill.

"Welcome to my Home" is described by wikipedia as, "taped in 1987, for which she is credited as writer, director and executive producer. It has resurfaced on several video-based websites, and has gained unintentional camp status."

Edited By flipp525 on 1170683323

Movielover
Graduate

Post by Movielover »

I just watched Brenda Dickson's "Welcome to My Home." She gives gay men endless hours of entertainment I must say. The best thing for me is that large portrait of herself she has in her house. And she has 124693790 pairs of red boots.

Why did she leave the show? No doubt about it - Jess Walton is the better actress. But I'm curious about her reason for leaving.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:I think it's beginning to look more and more like Jenna's the killer. I can't get past her "suspicions" as an attempt to place the blame on Adrian, who I really like and hate to see so reviled on the show. I hope he ends up with Colleen...though I seriously doubt they'd leave JT alone without her for long.

And, if it didn't throw a wrench into the works, I know I'd have just shot Sheila dead and then worried about where to dispose of the body...I mean if she was already made to look like a corpse, why couldn't she have been one?
You're right, she's totally trying to cast suspicion on Adrian to throw it off of herself. There was also the total weirdness of the missing hours on the security video at Crimson Lights. If I recall correctly, only Jana and Kevin had access to the video and Jana could've easily picked up how to work it when Kevin went in and deleted the footage of them having sex in the coffee house that one time.

My pet theory is that Sheila killed Carmen when she discovered her as Phyllis. Sheila wouldn't have known that Phyllis and Carmen were co-workers and confidantes so Sheila killed her quickly in order to maintain her cover. Jana, of course, is really Mary/Erica, Sheila's daughter from her B&B days whose task it was to get close to Kevin (and, in turn, Lauren). Where do you think the blueprints and photos of Fen's nursey came from? Sheila has never admitted to actually being in Michael and Lauren's apartment. Think about it -- it kind of works.

Return to “Broadcast Media”