Y&R

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I'm psyched for today's episode. I usually don't get to watch the show until after work, gym, and dinner but I liked the preview for it.

Any good Jill/Cane/Kay developments?

I can't believe that Gloria and Kevin are hacking into email accounts again. That's so gonna bite them in the ass.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

wow...vicious day. but I really wish Jack hadn't gotten that tape...it would have been perfect.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Spoilers for the week. These look quite good...

Monday, 26 March 2007
Brad sees J.T. and Victoria in an embrace.
Kevin and Gloria hack into Ji-Min's e-mail.
Sharon urges Brad to make up with Victoria.
John's ghost asks Jack about his love for Sharon.
J.T. secretly follows Colleen.

Tuesday, 27 March 2007
Kay encourages Nikki to run for the state senate.
Cane is hurt when he misunderstands Jill's rude comment.
Jack lashes out at Gloria and Kevin in front of the film crew of "Extreme Catwalk".
Jill confides in Ji-Min, unaware of the cameras.

Wednesday 28 March 2007
Kay hires Paul to find out about the baby she switched with Cane.
J.T. is suspicious of the relationship between Colleen and Korbel.
Victor is livid when he learns Nikki is running for office.
Jill opens the latest DNA results.

Thursday 29 March 2007
Victoria comforts Nikki after an emotional confrontation with Victor.
Victor tells David he will continue to support Jack.
J.T. bothers Colleen as she waits tables at GCAC.
Nikki and Victoria ask Adrian to help with the campaign.

Friday 30th March 2007
Sharon catches Colleen and Adrian in a passionate embrace.
Amber gives Daniel access to an adult web site.
Cane shows Jill the footage of her chat with Ji-Min.
Jack forces Phyllis and Lauren to work together.
Kevin offers to date Colleen to get back at J.T..
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I'm still on the fence about the true nature of Cane and Jill's relationship. In my mind, these are the two seemingly plausible scenarios. A) The first DNA test truly was in error and Jill and Cane really are mother and son OR B) Violet Montgomery somehow (and for some unknown reason) pulled off a double switch -- took Real!Phillip and switched it out with another baby. Then took Real!Phillip and switched him with Cane (see my "Gloria is really Cane's mother" scenario from downthread). There just doesn't seem to be any other way of explaining why Violet would still have the ring and the DNA test came back negative.

Seeing how well the two get on, will Katherine make Jill think that Cane is actually her son when he isn't? Also, are the writers gearing up for Katherine versus Jill/Cane (which could potentially be interesting)? Somehow, I think they're going to make them unrelated when it's all said and done but either Katherine or Amber will manipulate things to make them think they really are, each for their own reasons. Whatever they decide to do, Jess Walton and Daniel Goddard have some great, very natural chemistry and Cane's hatred of Katherine makes for classic soap. I loved it when he called her a monster. Jill's right, though, her son could've ended up locked in a basement and starved to death for all Kay knew.

Edited By flipp525 on 1174666217

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Thank you, Eric. From the bottom of my, um --err-- heart, thank you :;):.

Wow. Nicholas Gonzalez is fucking delicious and I'm totally in lust with Eyal Podell.

::goes off to watch it again::

Edited By flipp525 on 1174443433

Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

flipp525 wrote:Eyal Podell (Professor Korbel)
Do yourself a favor and search YouTube for his segment on MTV's late, great Undressed from a few years back, in which he and Nicholas Gonzalez play lovers who get a visit from the latter's chauvinistic brother.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Wow, between Eyal Podell (Professor Korbel), Eric Steinberg (Ji-Min Kim), and Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby-soon-to-be-Chancellor), I'm in permanent swoon mode. If all three of these gentlemen are in the same episode, I might spontaneously combust from the combined hotness.

Amber is just plain disgusting with all that "Internet whoring is my hobby!" talk. What's with her saying that she doesn't have anyone to talk to though? Um, hello, Lauren maybe?

Ji-Min's scene with the Catwalk gals was great. There was no way he was gonna be able to deny Gloria's request after Jill so reasonably stated her case. And I liked that Jill got out of the house and went and enjoyed herself a little. She's been knee-deep in heavy shit for awhile now, she probably just wanted a break. Although, Gloria questioning her ability to be a bitch was almost laughable. Gloria, dear, do you even know who you're talking to? The Jill of old would've cut you without flinching.

Edited By flipp525 on 1174417361

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Okay, now I'm kind of obsessed with this woman. Brenda Dickson, the writer, director and producer of that "vanity video" posted below, as it turns out, is an entire soap opera in unto herself. Check out this recent development in her personal saga from wikipedia:
Dickson was married twice: her first husband was a dentist named Robert Rifkin, but that marriage ended in divorce as did her second marriage to attorney Jan Weinberg. Dickson has recently been jailed in Hawaii, because of a civil contempt order stemming from divorce judgment from her second marriage. The judge released her after sixteen days in jail when she told him that she will vacate the Hollywood condo that was part of the marital estate, so it can be put up for sale.

Because of this incident, Dickson has received a flurry of publicity, and she has conducted jail interviews that landed her on the cover of March 2, 2007 issue of Soap Opera Weekly. On March 3-5, 2007, the show Extra aired an television interview of Dickson conducted by her former co-star Michael Corbett from The Young and the Restless. He played her secretary David Kimble in the mid-1980's. The interview was conducted at her Hollywood home, the same home that is the subject of the bitter divorce dispute.

This woman is absolutely unbelievable! She's seriously become a kind of caricature of the character she once played. Her personal account of her time in prison follows:

Press Release March 11, 2007

WHAT IT WAS LIKE IN PRISON

“Prison in Honolulu was a terrible most horrifying experience for me. It was abusive of my ex-husband (Jan Weinberg) and the judge (Darryl Y. C. Choy) and his pals to resort to this kind of action at the Honolulu courthouse. The reason for our divorce was my ex-husband's abusive behavior and temper. He has a terrible temper and would abuse me.” (Brenda Dickson, who has a California Senate Resolution for her work with the U.S.O. and who has toured the globe with Bob Hope and Johnnie Grant (Founded Jobs for Vets with Nancy Regan) was recently released from prison in Honolulu, Hawaii.) "After seventeen days in prison and I contracted lice, was running a 104 degree fever. I was ill and frightened. All my rights were taken away by Jan’s friends in the Hawaii courts. I was so ill that I fainted at my last court appearance when the press appeared. I had been locked up with out shampoo or creams and my hair we put oil in our hair to avoid lice and tied it up. I was given only a bar of soap and a toothbrush. I didn’t eat for almost seventeen days, as the food was not at all my usual diet. I simply did not want to eat the prison food. Nor did I sleep, I was in a dorm-type setting with 60 women. The women I was incarcerated with had been convicted of murder, assault, knife threats, drug possession, dealing ice, and prostitution. It was a dangerous place to be!"

"I was placed in handcuffs and leg chains and put behind bars because I refused to sign fraudulent papers that gave my ex-husband all my property and I had no way of honoring. The Judge pushed a trial forward when I had no representation, no funds to pay for a trial, and no expert witnesses to represent me. It was a complete “set up” by my ex’s attorneys and his judge pals. Testimonies of similar experiences are pouring into my website of women victimized in the same manner, same players."

"Judge Choy wanted me to sign a divorce decree I had no way of honoring, so he put me in prison as a tactic to get me to sign on the dotted line. He had pushed a trail forward where I had no legal representation, no money to mount a trial for my defense against plaintiff, no exhibits, no witnesses allowed on my behalf – so that my ex could lie and cheat about the real value of our multi-million dollar law firm. My attorney asked for an extension of trial due to the complexity of my case and the fact that she was working on another case at the same time. The judge refused her request and went on a cruise knowing her attorney was leaving the case and my attorney had no choice but to leave me without representation. The doctor’s wrote a letter to Judge Choy recommending the trial be postponed due to my severe illness and nervous breakdown. The judge refused the doctors letters. The judge pushed the trial forward anyway. He knew that I was heavily medicated on prescription drug “Avidon” a strong muscle relaxant that caused me to be unaware of my surroundings. Another attorney was retained by me and was given only one day to prepare for my multi-million dollar trial. This turned out to be a set-up by both the judge and attorney Charles Kleintop. Even so it was proven at this trial that $3.3 million dollars came into the law firm after a false business evaluation was prepared. The fraudulent business evaluation stated only $387,000.00 in asset value. The total value of the couple assets should be $5.4 million as proven in the one-day trial although we believe Jan’s caseload is worth in the $30 million range. Mr. Weinberg was deep in debt upon our marriage. This material debt of Weinberg was conveniently left out of Mr. Kleintop’s property chart as presented before Judge Choy after the so-called trial as well as the $3.3 million in cash. The judge ignored my property chart of $4.3 million dollars was coming into the firm as proved by my attorney. The judge completely ignored my property chart presentation as it came in to court after the trial transcript was issued to add up the huge amounts of cash."

In April, a Motion to Set Aside - To have the court set aside this fraudulent decree on grounds of fraud and to seek her rightful spousal support of $31,000.00 per month to restart her 2004 martial agreement, the agreement was set aside for no good reason. Ms. Dickson came to Hawaii with a rightfully negotiated and signed agreement. One of the conflicts of interest the judge set aside. Attorney Kleintop has asked and received from Judge Choy an arrest warrant for Ms. Dickson should she place foot on Hawaii soil. Her bail is set at $20,000.00. Ms. Dickson through her attorney, Cheryl Brawley has asked that judge recuse himself from her case due to obvious fraud and prejudice. Attorney Kleintop and Judge Choy have gotten in the way of due process throughout the divorce case. The true culprit is Jan Weinberg, why doesn’t he just settle this case and let Ms. Dickson go on with her life. Jan Weinberg was in debt, owning no equity in anything – not even a condo – and no caseload. Brenda Dickson, on the other hand, helped Weinberg build a new image for his business and himself – teaching him how to promote himself and worked tirelessly on his career and their properties. She deserves half of the property.

A special thanks to Chief Justice Ronald Moon of the Hawaii Supreme Court who asked that Brenda Dickson’s condo in Los Angeles be “stayed” on the Appellate Court and asked for relief on her behalf. Hawaii is so beautiful, it’s a shame a few bad eggs are spoiling its integrity. Ms. Dickson would like her half of the estate now and it is her right to Due Process under the 14th Amendment. A special word of thanks to Ted Jackson and warden at OCCC for allowing her “Freedom of the Press.” Brenda wishes all the girls a safe trip home and never to return, start a new life.

Please stay tuned; there's more to this story."

-------------------------------
You couldn't make this shit up!

Edited By flipp525 on 1174303307

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

It's just...wow. :p
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Welcome to My Home w/ Brenda Dickson (Jill, Y&R 1973-80; 83-87)
This is absolutely hilarious. So campy and 80's. Penelope, I thought you'd enjoy, so I resurrected it from downthread :).

Welcome to My Home, Part 1

Welcome to My Home, Part 2

Edited By flipp525 on 1174196390

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

flipp525 wrote:"She is an evil spirit put on this Earth to torment me!" Ha!
Hilary Swank has been reduced to bit parts on Y&R?
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Aww...I'm happy about this spoiler. None of those other scenarios were really working for me, quite frankly, and I think that Jill and Cane have some genuine mother/son chemistry. I'm a bit confused as to how a photo of Violet erases a negative DNA test though, unless it was actually a false negative or something (good call, OscarGuy) which will be revealed in a second test. Besides, if Katherine's already identified a picture of Violet and Cane is also able to collaborate the photo's veracity, doesn't that logically prove that Kay gave Cane to Violet? As manipulative and lame as Amber is, she was right on that account. The original test didn't fit with the other facts of the case (mainly, the Violet Montgomery connection).

From what I've seen, there seems to be some interesting (and understandable) Cane/Kay tension that could be explored down the road. He seems to think she's pretty much all to blame for the baby switch.

Classic Katherine/Jill: Here's the 2003 clip where Katherine Discovers Jill is Her Daughter

And here's the companion scene of Jill Reacts to the Truth "She is an evil spirit put on this Earth to torment me!" Ha!

Edited By flipp525 on 1174192429

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

flipp525 wrote:Soap Opera Weekly's online newsletter had this little teaser today:

"Kay finds a photo of Violet that proves Cane is Jill's son."

I just don't know what's going on now...I really like Cane so I am hoping this is true.
False negative..
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Soap Opera Weekly's online newsletter had this little teaser today:

"Kay finds a photo of Violet that proves Cane is Jill's son."

I just don't know what's going on now...I really like Cane so I am hoping this is true.

Edited By flipp525 on 1174090189

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

You have a good point, Flipp...and indeed if the rumors are true, that was exactly the scenario I was expecting...

It will also piss Amber off to no end because Gloria's virtually penniless compared to the Chancellors and we've already seen from the previews for the next couple of weeks that Amber is freaking out about marrying a poor man for money...
Wesley Lovell

Return to “Broadcast Media”