The Grammy Awards

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

anonymous wrote:Not a fan of Lady GaGa, Zahveed?
My wife really likes Lady GaGa and I respect her for at least writing her own stuff. I even bought my wife her latest EP. She's better than most pop performers in the mainstream these days, but I still wouldn't choose to listen to her in my spare time. My biggest beef with this lineup is the abundant inclusion of Black Eyed Peas and how little alternative rock music there is this year. The few recordings I like on the list are from albums that qualified last Grammy year.

Another weird entry was Silversun Pickups in Best New Artist. Their first album from 2006 had two singles that received a fair amount of airplay on rock radio and were on recent Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. The album released this year only had one single, which I've never heard on the radio and didn't even know was a single until I saw it online, and I've never heard any buzz around the band since 2007. (On a side note: It's a good album.)
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I really like Poker Face. Her life performance on American Idol was what got me interested in the song. Although the recorded version has a less interesting opening, I still like it.

I was actually surprised to see her nominated. It seemed like a song that too many would find "frivolous".
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Not a fan of Lady GaGa, Zahveed?
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Last year had an infinitely better lineup. The best thing on the list is MGMT's nominations.

Edited By Zahveed on 1259861952
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Here are the nominees.

I wonder how many more nominations did Kanye give Taylor Swift.
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

Tonight the Grammy nominations are going to be announced. Liking it or hating them, do we have any predictions here (considering the group it is)?
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)

Return to “Broadcast Media”