1998 through 2007
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

What about VanHelsing?
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Sabin wrote:You queens are driving away all the women! Nice going.
LMAO!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

You queens are driving away all the women! Nice going.
"How's the despair?"
Jim20
Temp

Post by Jim20 »

So, I guess we're never going to get back on topic with these predictions.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Penelope wrote:
Hustler wrote:Are your thoughts smarter than mine just because you are gay and I´m not? I really don´t think so.

No, no, certainly not--that's most definitely not how I wanted the statement to be interpreted. Trust me, I've known plenty of gay men who are intellectual voids, and plenty of str8 men who are brilliant, the str8 men on this board a prime example.
Thanks for your compliment!
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

[ It never mattered to me how butch or faggy a guy was, as long as he liked sucking ####.

Is that the definiton of "gay"? LOL.
If so, some of those straight posters might have to call themselves gay.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hustler wrote:Are your thoughts smarter than mine just because you are gay and I´m not? I really don´t think so.
No, no, certainly not--that's most definitely not how I wanted the statement to be interpreted. Trust me, I've known plenty of gay men who are intellectual voids, and plenty of str8 men who are brilliant, the str8 men on this board a prime example.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

I'm more concerned with the lack of women on this board, be they gay or straight. We had PamelaMarie and (I think her name was) Cinemaphile, both long gone. I don't think there are any female posters here now, or not that I know of.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Still, I count at least five straight men among regular contributors...but still, I think it is more homosexual than heterosexual. Nothing wrong with that, though.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Penelope and Movielover, both are absolutely right. I made a mistake. I was implying just the opposite. What I was trying to express is that I can´t find any difference in terms of film addiction between gay and straight men. I really don´t think that there is a specific question that motivates gay men are attracted to this board and I don´t care. I appreciate and respect very much this board (I don´t know if it is smarter and more sophisticated than other boards). What is controversial here is the fact that gay men are smarter than the straight ones, which I doubt. This board is the sum of us, which means our creativity, our talent, our thoughts. Are your thoughts smarter than mine just because you are gay and I´m not? I really don´t think so.
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Yes, Penelope is probably right :;): But I guess the Oscars - which can be looked at both in a serious way and as trashy fun - are perfect for a certain kind of gay man.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hmm, I'd think it a homo-centric remark, not homophobic--i.e., that gay men are naturally attracted to a board that is clearly smarter and more sophisticated than any of the other boards out there. :cool:
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Movielover
Graduate

Post by Movielover »

Hustler,

Find the insult to homosexuals in the question and then you have a homophobic remark. Go ahead - look really hard for the insult. Let me know if you find it.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

ITALIANO wrote:Well, let's face it, on this board there are only three heterosexuals among the regular contributors (I counted them!) so it HAD to happen... and it's not a bad thing.

LOL! it´s like the Mac-Carthysm´s epoch but in the opposite way!
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Movielover wrote:Hmmm. Why do you think so many homosexuals are attracted to posting on UAADB?
Isn´t it an homophobic question?

Return to “The 8th Decade”