Bill Condon on TV

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

HBO clicks on Hollywood blogging
Nellie Andreeva
Fri Feb 5, 2010 2:48am EST

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The world of Hollywood blogging is getting the HBO treatment.

The pay cable network is developing "Tilda," a half-hour comedy series with Oscar-winning writer-director Bill Condon and "Tell Me You Love Me" creator Cynthia Mort.

The project centers on a powerful female online showbiz journalist with a no-holds-barred style. Condon and Mort are writing and executive producing. Condon also is attached to direct if the project goes to pilot.

"Tilda" marks the series writing debut for Condon. He recently directed his first pilot, the Laura Linney-starring dark comedy "The C-Word," which was picked up to series by Showtime. Condon won an Oscar for writing "Gods and Monsters"; he also penned and directed the feature "Dreamgirls."

"Tilda" makes a reunion for Mort and HBO following the critically praised racy drama "Love Me." It comes at a time of booming Internet showbiz journalism as a number of veteran Hollywood print reporters, including Nikki Finke, Sharon Waxman and Anne Thompson, have migrated online.

Lately, HBO has been ramping up development with projects from marquee auspices. "Tilda" comes on the heels of the pilot order for "Luck," a horse-racing drama from writer David Milch and director Michael Mann, and script commitments to several other high-profile projects: an aid-workers drama starring Maria Bello, written by Simon Beaufoy and produced by Bello, Beaufoy and Russell Crowe; a crime drama produced by David Fincher and Charlize Theron; and a groupie comedy starring Zooey Deschanel.

Return to “Broadcast Media”