Happy Halloween 2008!

FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

We are off to a party tonight with my wife as Regan MacNeill and myself as Father Karras. My wife found green fabric paint that looks frighteningly like pea soup!

Hope everyone has a fun time...and eats way too much candy.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

This will be the seventh year in a row of putting on a free haunted house for the neighborhood kids and kids-at-heart. What started off as a side yard attraction in which 4 people put together a few scares for about a dozen trick-or-treaters, has grown enormous. We have a minimum of 50 vounteers and expect over 1000 visitors to our "F.U.N. House" - a clown/carny theme this time around (last year was a zombie attack, the prior was Heaven & Hell, before that a space-horror theme).
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Happy Halloween, everyone!

My friend Kathy and I have spent the past two nights (almost 9 hours in total) shopping all around town -- downtown Washington, Northern Virginia suburbs where there were way too many McCain/Palin signs for my liking, and Maryland -- putting together our outfits for tonight and tomorrow night's festivities. We are SO EXCITED. We're going as Kira and Sonny Malone from the Broadway version of "Xanadu", respectively and I have to say that our costumes (especially mine) are impeccable.

We went to very great lengths to capture every possible detail from accessories to hair to wardrobe and footwear. We had to improvise a little with her costume because we couldn't find an exact replica of Kira's pink dress and didn't have time to make it from scratch, but we found a great Grecian-looking substitute that is very flattering on her. And, of course, roller skates!! Hers' are white and I have black ones. We were out in our costumes last night practicing our skating in front of my apartment building and people got out of their cars to take pictures of us.

These pictures were my main inspiration for the construction of my costume: Sonny Malone

What is everyone doing tonight? Anybody going out in a crazy costume? I'm going to start a Sarah Palin tally as soon as I walk out the door. At the High Heel Race on Tuesday, I saw some impressive Michelle Obama drag queens.

Edited By flipp525 on 1225491388
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Return to “General Off-Topic”