Associate

Post by Zahveed »

His name is Owen Xavier Neumayer.

Yep, his initials are OXN.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

cam wrote:Congrats Zahveed. Now look forward to the sound of little feet and then they get older and more little feet......
Warm congratulations, Zahveed, to you and your wife on the world's newest cinephile! He should be ready for Jean Renoir when he's 2, but I'd hold off on Godard until he's 3. :D

What's his name?
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Congrats Zahveed. Now look forward to the sound of little feet and then they get older and more little feet......

Edited By cam on 1217136037
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

congrats on being a recent father and welcome to the club!
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :D
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Congrats, Zahveed.
"How's the despair?"
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

The above thread about Richard Attenborough has unfortunately degenerated into silly bickering. But I did note some wonderful news. Zhaveed told us his son was born in April!

Congratulations to you, your wife and the rest of your families! Some experiences can equal it, but there is no more wonderful event that can take place in your life. Is it your first? If so you are in for one of the most satisfying and joyful journeys you will ever undertake.

I enjoy my work very much, I earn a very nice salary, and I am good at it and respected among my peers. I have to work long hours but it does not bother me (thought it bothers my wife at times) because I love what I do and I get a real sense of satisfaction when I do my job well.

But that feeling of satisfaction pales in comparison to the feelings I get when I am doing things with my children. When you have children, they become one of the major reasons you are on this earth. This is not to denigrate those many wonderful people who do not have children. Every one of us can, and I think are obligated to, do as much as we can to make a better world. But, when you produce a child, your most important responsibility becomes the care and safety of that new person and doing all you can over the years to make him or her a good person who will want to make a positive contribution to the world.

I do not know you, but your posts cause me to believe you are an educated and caring person (and I'll bet your wife is the same). You have an opportunity to leave behind at least one person who will take you and your wife's best qualities and work to make the world a better place. If I am right about you and your wife, I hope you have as many children as you can afford to support financially and emotionally. Those children will be an asset to the world. My wife and I (and the rest of our families) are working to make sure our three children are assets to the world. And it is the hardest and most fun work you can have.

I envy you, Zahveed. I remember the spring of 2002 when our last child was born. My wife and I are both 47, so it is over for us :(. I remember the wonderful feeling of changing his diapers the day we brought him home from the hospital and I became misty-eyed thinking we were starting it again and how much I was looking forward to it.

I wish you and your family all the best.

Edited By kaytodd on 1217095399
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “General Off-Topic”