Project Runway - Make it work, bitches

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

For such an underwhelming season I was very satisfied with the winner. Leanne was the one to watch from episode three, but since she was so lowkey and this show has a habit of celebrating obnoxious behavior I feared she might be overlooked. Her final collection was stunning.

I also loved Korto's collection and wouldn't have been too upset if she'd won but Kenley should have never been there at the end (although I was tense during the episode thinking her bitchy attitude might be rewarded).
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I missed the winner and losers announcement because I had to head off to work this morning, but I thought Kenley's attitude during this entire episode was just disgusting. The girl needs a dressing-down like no other. Nina was right: she can't take criticism of any kind. She also has an overinflated ego. That garment she constructed was bordering on ridiculous (and she roped in my cute little Wesley on her Disney costume creation!).

Terri was my pick from the first episode, but I'm starting not to like her. She's just a huge bitch who does the same thing over and over again. Leanne or, as my friend and I call her, "the REAL Surreal" gets my vote. She consistently wows the judges and has a quiet intensity that doesn't require her to over-sell her designs as opposed to Kenley who's like a bulldog and a viper combination. In a Bettie Page hairdo.

Edited By flipp525 on 1221150636
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Stella's boyfriend's name is "Ratbones"? Of course it is.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

The return of the fabulous Chris March just emphasized how drab this year's contestants are. I called it as soon as the drag queens were introduced - whoever picked Varla Jean was going to win (I can't believe four people passed her over before Joe snagged her).

Keith's design was a mess but I'm relieved they booted Daniel so we didn't have to suffer through his nervous sweaty petulant displays on the runway any longer. Keith is a goner the second he shreds another piece of fabric.

My dark horse is Leanne - after her noodle misstep she's been delivering; her planter grate outfit has been my favorite design of the season so far and her Jetsonesque outfit for Sharon Needles was surely in fourth place this week. Plus her dry put down of Blayne made me love her a little more.

Kenley, on the other hand, is a backstabbin' bee-yotch.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

This season is really filled with a bunch of whiny bitches, isn't it? I absolutely loved it when RuPaul was all, "Oh, did a dingo eat your baby, too? You're just full of excuses" to Keith. That was *classic* as shit.

Terri has been my dark horse since the first episode and I loved her "Mahogany meets KISS" drag kimono for Acid Betty. It was very dramatic and suited the queen really well. Rob also did a fantastic job and deserved a win here. The best outfits this episode were those that complemented the drag queens personal style and approach to drag. Acid Betty stated at the beginning of the episode that she is a "hybrid", a form of drag which lends itself well with the sort of butch femininity that traditional Kabuki represents. I thought it was a perfect concept for Betty's particular kind of persona.

Which brings me back to Keith. He just grafted his fringe thing onto the drag queen even though it had nothing to do with her. A totally lazy and self-indulgent design aesthetic. And the garment looked like hell to boot. It was definitely a toss-up between him and Daniel who was probably only "aufed" because week after week the judges' commentary has failed to sink in.

The Suede and Hedda Lettuce drama was rather amusing.

Everyone needs to watch their backs around Kenley. She's a genuine saboteur behind that whole "Hollywood glam" shtick.

Edited By flipp525 on 1219338711

danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

Flipp, since you find Wesley adorable, you might be interested to know that he and Daniel are an item: Check it out.
barrybrooks8
Temp

Post by barrybrooks8 »

Okay, here is my mini-evaluation of this week's episode (yes, I have become obsessed):

Who should have won: Terri. Her navy dress was way more "sheik" then any of the top three. The top two were a yawn-fest. I hated the fact that Natalie Portman called Suede's dress "sweet." I have no clue why Stella's dress wasn't hated.

Who should have been the bottom three: Stella, Wesley, and Jerell. Jerell should have gone home. I hated the back. I hated the colors.

Predictions:

Who will go home next: Blayne

Who will be the final three: Daniel, Kelli, Kenley (with Keith being the fourth who gets to go to Bryant Park but doesn't officially compete in the finals).

Who SHOULD go home next: Jerell or Stella (I ranked everyone so far each week and I came up with these by adding their scores)
"Jesus! Look at my hands! Now really, I am too young for liver spots. Maybe I can merge them together into a tan."
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

Yes, he's the hunky tattooed guy with the serial killer glasses. The bedmaking was a nice touch - he has room mate potential in so many ways.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

paperboy wrote:My lust for Keith died a little when I saw that rat tail he's sporting.
Wait, is Keith the one who made his roommate's bed for him? That was adorable.

paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

There's still far too many designers to know whose work I love yet (and I got even more confused when the models started getting talking head interviews). Based on the last episode I'm going with Kenley (aka Bettie Page), whose classic look was a thousand times better than the rehab class wicker basket dress "Suede" came up with.

Are models really so empty headed they've never stopped to think what looks good on themselves?

My lust for Keith died a little when I saw that rat tail he's sporting.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Stella looks like a half-dead heroin addict/whore in a Nan Goldin photograph circa, 1980.

I want to take a pencil and pull a Heath Ledger/the Joker on "Suede" (if you've seen The Dark Knight). His cocktail dress was unique, but I didn't enjoy the tutu skirt part. I can't remember which one I liked better but it was light blue. Girlicious's dress was very 80's (which used to be the go-to comment for Christian's stuff last year).

Heidi is "Darth-licious"? Yeah, I'm sure she'd just love to hear that, Blayne.

I enjoyed watching the models shopping. They were sort of like, "Yeah, whatever. This is what I like so the designers can just DEAL WITH IT!" Oh, and Stella? This challenge was about the client, not you and your urban/tough/sleek/chic look. I think she's going to say "But this isn't ME!!!" every week.

And, Kelly, you're great (and you look like Beverly D'Angelo), but let's watch the over-confidence. It's only the second week.

Wesley is fucking adorable. Too bad he's gone now. Frankly, I don't think it was possible to NOT end up in the bottom three after being part of "Team Ugly Brown Fabric" (lol!)

Who is your early fav? I like Terri, Daniel and Bettie Page lookalike. Jennifer's stuff has a very finished look, so I think she could also go far. I'm still trying to figure out the names. Stella and Blayne are gonna be the drama/comedy gold of the season, methinks.

Edited By flipp525 on 1216906805

paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

flipp525 wrote:Who, or I suppose WHAT, was that little tan urchin spouting “Girl-licous” at every turn? That thing’s gotta go.
That's what I thought last season about that little untanned urchin spouting "fierce" at every turn and look what happened there.

The bottom three should've all been auf'd, thereby freeing up more screen time for my new tv boyfriend Keith.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

And I couldn't agree with you more, barry, re: the loser. What an arrogant prick. He was all, "think outside of the box, people" and then proceeded to create what looked like something a serial killer would wear to chop up a dead body. His "garment" managed to be both bizarre and boring at the same time.

Edited By flipp525 on 1216426834

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Who, or I suppose WHAT, was that little tan urchin spouting “Girl-licous” at every turn? That thing’s gotta go.

Edited By flipp525 on 1216423782

barrybrooks8
Temp

Post by barrybrooks8 »

First episode was great! The winner truly deserved to win, and the eliminated truly deserved to be eliminated. His or her arrogance was disgusting.

(I wrote this spoiler-free as a "just in case")
"Jesus! Look at my hands! Now really, I am too young for liver spots. Maybe I can merge them together into a tan."

Return to “Broadcast Media”