Olivia Newton-John - A Random Thread

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Duh...roller skates! Good call, thanks.

And yes, I've seen that beautiful, wonderful video. More than once, in fact :;):
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Roller skates?

Speaking of Cheyenne in Xanadu, have you seen this?
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Speaking of Cheyenne Jackson, I'm thinking of dressing up as Sonny Malone from 'Xanadu' for Gay Pride next weekend. Any ideas of essentials for the costume? After studying the clips, I think I need:

* a red tank top (can't decipher the logo on it, tho)
* yellow-green wristband,
* jeans shorts (got those!)
* navy blue bandana (is it one of those "in my back pocket means..." types with the standard pattern?

Umm...what else?

Edited By flipp525 on 1212942956
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

flipp525 wrote:
Penelope wrote:Cheyenne Jackson is simply perfection.

I want him for my birthday, Penelope. Just an fyi.
I'll do what I can, flipp. If we're exchanging gifts, for my birthday, I'd like Thiago Rufinelli.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Penelope wrote:Cheyenne Jackson is simply perfection.
I want him for my birthday, Penelope. Just an fyi.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Cheyenne Jackson is simply perfection.

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

So campy, yet so fun.

Cheyenne Jackson can fuck me with his skates on. Look at those gorgeous legs!

Edited By flipp525 on 1204401411

Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

I have the prize clip. A Finnish cover of "YMCA".

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/gregorius-nmky-p1.php

(Although I think it's intentionally comical.)
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

This is the 80s movie musical number I want to be in--when I first saw this, I realized that I was undeniably, unquestionably, irretreviably and forever GAY!!! :p

And this 80s movie musical number is when I realized I was not only gay, but an admirer of camp! :cool:

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Penelope wrote:Your moment of zen.

I wanna be in Xanadu! That was fun as hell. I love the women in the 80's brown power suits dancing in unison. Netflixing it right now.

Edited By flipp525 on 1201143940

ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Well, but that was in the 70s, and it's our two greatest female voices together... Nothing to do with 80s kitsch - they were amazing (and still are).
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

No, no, Marco, this is the clip Americans should see: Mina and Milva.

ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Count on Italy for giving the world some of the best - and most of the worst - songs from the 80s. This is our trashiest singer of the decade, the immortal Cristiano Malgioglio, in a collection of his "hits"...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rslVpyhpjj0&feature=related

And when it comes to Italo disco, even Milva, one of our greatest singers, and certainly one of those most celebrated abroad (her Brecht recitals are legendary), tried it once, with these embarassing results. (The song is the infamous Marinero):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rECCl-fOlg4&feature=related

Edited By ITALIANO on 1200503523
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

speaking of songs from the 80s, this is my favorite one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uSmYvuvaJDg
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Not Livvy, but quite appropriate to our board and even more zen.

Return to “General Off-Topic”