MovieWes works with Malick

MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Well, my work on the film is already done. However, I never got to meet Terrence Malick and I only saw Brad Pitt once and never got the opportunity to talk to him. My work mostly consisted of picking up cars from the car rental service, doing paperwork, breaking down equipment and driving it to the next shooting location, and running errands. I wasn't ever on set during filming, which was disappointing. But oh well. They had several other PA's, so I got stuck with all the boring stuff, lol. I don't even know what the plot of the movie is about, even though I asked dozens of people who either didn't know or were unwilling to tell me anything specific (although I can tell you that it is set in the 1950s). The sets are amazing, though, and should probably receive an Oscar nomination for best art direction.

I can also tell you that this film is Terrence Malick's labor of love. He's been trying to get it made since the late 1970s.

The next movie on my agenda is a remake of Friday the 13th. I know it's probably going to be a shitty movie, but it's work, lol.

Edited By MovieWes on 1210173913
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Way to go! Perseverance pays off. What a way to start--with a Legend! And a what a great job to have on a resume. Sounds like you're on a roll.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Sweet! Good luck man.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Really impressive! I wish you all the best
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Have you started work on the film?
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

I wish you the best, dude!
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Sadly, this was originally supposed to star Heath Ledger instead of Brad Pitt. I could've met the man. Now I won't.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

All the best, mate. If you can keep us posted. This seems like it's going to be a very interesting film.

I think it was Dennis Muren who spoke about a scene toward the beginning of the script that had a Manitor contemplating life by a pond, or something of the like... This project has caught my attention every since.

Edited By jack on 1202511464
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Hey guys!

Starting on March 3rd, I'm going to be a production assistant on Terrence Malick's new movie The Tree of Life, starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn! It's a 12 week shoot and we will be finished on May 28, 2008 (shooting is going to be in Austin and San Antonio). This is going to be my first real production assistant work on a real movie (the Sin City 2 thing has yet to see the light of day, so I dropped out).

Wish me luck! :)

Edited By MovieWes on 1202511279

Return to “General Off-Topic”