UAADB History - Irrelevant questions about ourselves...

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

The list is complete.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Reza wrote:
Penelope wrote:The movie itself just missed my Top 300, so I have to share this here: my favorite movie poster of all time.

A Man and a Woman (Claude Lelouche, 1966).

Please explain what is it about this poster that you like?
I love it because the way it is designed and how evocative it is of the film. It makes me want to see the movie again, and again, and again....
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

While we're on the subject, here's my favorite movie poster of all time:

http://www.postermandan.com/images/sister.jpg
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Penelope wrote:The movie itself just missed my Top 300, so I have to share this here: my favorite movie poster of all time.
A Man and a Woman (Claude Lelouche, 1966).

Please explain what is it about this poster that you like?
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

The movie itself just missed my Top 300, so I have to share this here: my favorite movie poster of all time.

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Yes, I've been using IMP quite a bit, and also this Spanish site, which has quite a selection of classics and international posters.

Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

What magnificent posters!
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I add posters to Magilla's DVD Report regularly and while I try to find them on allposters.com, I have sometimes come across films I cannot find there. I found a great source for posters and there is a decent number of them there, though older years are expectedly sparse.

http://impawards.com/

You might find it helpful.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Damien wrote:
Penelope wrote:I'm counting down my top 300 favorite films on my blog; feel free to comment--pro or con.

I love the art work -- the posters are great!
Yeah, it's actually fun trying to find the posters, particularly if I find an international poster that's different and unique.

Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Penelope wrote:I'm counting down my top 300 favorite films on my blog; feel free to comment--pro or con.
I love the art work -- the posters are great!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

An attractive and interesting blog, Joe.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Nicely done, looks like a lot of work.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

I'm counting down my top 300 favorite films on my blog; feel free to comment--pro or con.

jsmalahy
Graduate

Post by jsmalahy »

flipp525 wrote:I do remember your rather well-thought out response in the original Days of Our Lives thread, JG, as well as your earnest plea for some justification of the soap opera as some high form of art. And one day, I might just go back and answer it.

Or maybe one cannot answer it? I'm actually very curious to see someone intelligently defend an American soap as art.

Return to “General Off-Topic”