Merry Christmas

Uri
Adjunct

Post by Uri »

Merry Christmas to you all.

Now, enviously, I'll go on with my routine, dreary working day…
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Merry Christmas to all my UAADB pals.

Plum pudding for everyone!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Every year, I, my kids and my kids' kids have watched Alastair Sim. Certainly the best version of "Christmas Carol". Worth having to keep if you can get it.

I do, Campbell. The DVD was a present from my Dad. I read Dickens' story almost every month - I don't know why but when I start reading it I can't stop.

By the by, I recieved your email a few days ago - I never check emails. I'll be responding when I'm back home, as you could no doubt tell me a lot about Cape Breton and her history. I live in the Inverness area.

Again, to all a happy Christmas from myself, Heather and Aaron.
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Every year, I, my kids and my kids' kids have watched Alastair Sim. Certainly the best version of "Christmas Carol". Worth having to keep if you can get it.
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Merry Christmas, and God Bless us Everyone.........

..... I've just watched 'A Christmas Carol' with Alistair Sim. Never seen it before and have to say it was superb.

I wish all the best Christmas and hope Santa's good to all of you.
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Big Magilla wrote:Cam, you're thinking of the 1955 Oscar nominated short, The Twelfth Day. So far it hasn't surfaced on home video and the LP hasn't been converted to CD, but we can hope.

Thanks so much Peter. We can only hope. Right now our only chance of course is that it will be on one of the more literate TV channels( expecially CBC) and I will scour the Guide for it. Thanks, especially!--for the proper name of it! No wonder I have not been able to find it--now I know what to *look* for.
Merry Christmas to you, O sage leader!

Edited By cam on 1198540733
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

cam wrote:Does anyone remember (or has anyone seen) the hilarious British short film "The Twelve Days Of Christmas"? I remember the soundtrack came out on MGM LP in about 1958, and I saw it only once: it is a period piece about a man who gives a girl all the gifts in the order that they are sung, so by the end of the film she has barricaded herself in the home and the maids a-milking, swans a-swimming, etc. have totally engulfed her. I hope I can find it. I have been looking for 50 years!
I can, maybe, console myself with the wonderful animated Creature Comforts version, which is also extremely funny, if no one can help me.

Cam, you're thinking of the 1955 Oscar nominated short, The Twelfth Day. So far it hasn't surfaced on home video and the LP hasn't been converted to CD, but we can hope.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1198538974
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Merry Christmas to my Internet family. I hope you are all getting to spread cheer with your real life families:)
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Penelope wrote:Marco, what's the proper pronounciation for "habbibi"? Is it "ha-bee-bee"? Or "ha-bi-bi"? Or "ah-bi/ee-bi/ee"?
Welcome to the world of Arabian lovemaking!

"Habibi" is pronounced "ha-bee-bee"... I hope you'll get to say this word often in the next days - I definitely will.

Merry Christmas to all...
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy Awards Season!

I asked about this some years ago , but there's no harm in trying again:
Does anyone remember (or has anyone seen) the hilarious British short film "The Twelve Days Of Christmas"? I remember the soundtrack came out on MGM LP in about 1958, and I saw it only once: it is a period piece about a man who gives a girl all the gifts in the order that they are sung, so by the end of the film she has barricaded herself in the home and the maids a-milking, swans a-swimming, etc. have totally engulfed her. I hope I can find it. I have been looking for 50 years!
I can, maybe, console myself with the wonderful animated Creature Comforts version, which is also extremely funny, if no one can help me.

Edited By cam on 1198519238
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Merry Christmas to all
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Marco, what's the proper pronounciation for "habbibi"? Is it "ha-bee-bee"? Or "ha-bi-bi"? Or "ah-bi/ee-bi/ee"?
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Penelope, that's awesome! I hope it works out. It's always more fun to have someone to cuddle with for the holidays.

I'm already back in CT and drinking as much as I can, lol.

Return to “General Off-Topic”