Happy birthday, criddic!

Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

criddic3 wrote:The thing that depressed me the most is that I still don't have a steady relationship going. But I never let these things get me too down.
Oh honey, park your car, pull up a chair, order a drink and join the party. If you've been dating the wrong kinds of gay men, then you and I have a lot in common.
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Thank you all very much.

I can always count on some of you delivering mildly disturbing messages. George Bush jumping out of my birthday cake? Or even worse, Larry Craig! lol

The most cryptic message is probably cam's good luck wish that the "events of the year" don't get me down.

But it's good to know that I am thought of at all.

Turning 30 is a reflective thing. You start to think about what you accomplished and how much more you need to do to make yourself seem useful in the world. The thing that depressed me the most is that I still don't have a steady relationship going. But I never let these things get me too down.

My birthday was terrific! My mother and sisters planned a little family party. I even got a special champagne toast (I had a few sips even though I don't drink). Well, at least it was a good start to the next year of my life.

Edited By criddic3 on 1197916216
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Happy birthday, criddic!
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Happy Birthday
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Happy first 30 years!
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Happy birthday, criddic. I hope the events of the next year don't get you down.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Happy birthday, Criddic.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Happy Birthday, criddic!
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Happy birthday!
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Enjoy your 30th and don't sweat the age...it is after all another year. When you hit 40, then it's time to worry. ;)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Happy Birthday -- hope your beloved George Bush jumps out of your birthday cake for you (or at least Larry Craig).

And that Rudy has the cops drive you around on your special day -- at the taxpayers' expense of course. :p
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Happy birthday, Criddic.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

Happy Birthday!
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

Have a great year filled with fun times and new discoveries.
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Here's wishing you a very happy birthday!
And don't let the fact that you are now entering your fourth decade make you think you need to grow up. I am well into my fifth decade and I have been able to avoid it.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “General Off-Topic”