UAADB History...sort of

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I've alredy forgotten most of it...the mad musings of a sleepless night.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Lol! At least you can send it to me!
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

But others might not have... :laugh:
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Magilla, I would have liked reading what you wrote.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

OscarGuy wrote:
Big Magilla wrote:I was happy with the description of moi. :D

I tried to write something about the key players myself. It was witty, I thought, but could be misconstrued as insulting, so I discarded it. Now if everyone had responded to the original request to wrtie their own bios...

Your task isn't over! Mwahahaa...

Anyway, I'd like to see what you wrote, because obviously everything's misconstrued anyway. :)

And I need an actual full bio for you for the site's new Staff page.

Anything you can send by email, though, so if you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings with your other, you're welcome to do so.
I'll see what I can come up with for my own bio, but I already deleted what I wrote about everyone else. They can all send their own e-mails letting you know how they'd like to be characterized.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Wes, I dare to propose that every poster should write three or four characteristics that better introduce himself. And then, obviously you will have the final decision on which one would be the more adapted for your page. What seems to you?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Sabin wrote:
and Sabin, by calling you a film nerd against all the other film nerds, it was an attempt to set your geekiness above everyone else's in the humor department.

I'm going to take that and like it and say thank you. But I'm watching you.
That's very nice of you, Sabin? It's been a long time since I've had a guy watching me...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

and Sabin, by calling you a film nerd against all the other film nerds, it was an attempt to set your geekiness above everyone else's in the humor department.

I'm going to take that and like it and say thank you. But I'm watching you.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I tried to write something about the key players myself. It was witty, I thought, but could be misconstrued as insulting, so I discarded it. Now if everyone had responded to the original request to wrtie their own bios...
Your task isn't over! Mwahahaa...

Anyway, I'd like to see what you wrote, because obviously everything's misconstrued anyway. :)

And I need an actual full bio for you for the site's new Staff page.

Anything you can send by email, though, so if you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings with your other, you're welcome to do so.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Ditto. And I liked the history as a whole, as it was originally written. It was cute and humorous. Lighten up, guys.

Edited By flipp525 on 1186236166
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I was happy with the description of moi. :D

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Hustler wrote:Wes, don´t get angry. I don´think we are blaming you for your presentation. You asked for our opinions

Not your fault, Hustler. Honestly, yours was more of an attempt to say something, but I couldn't think of anything besides you disappearing for long periods of time without posting...

Apparently, no one caught the flow of humor early on in the descriptions. So, apparently, no one realized that all of my descriptions were meant as humorous anecdotes on persons attached (I mean, I called Eric a music queen...I thought it was funny). But everyone thinks these are personal attacks, which they aren't.

Edited By OscarGuy on 1186231079
Wesley Lovell
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

The Original BJ wrote:And, for what it's worth, I don't think it's fair to objectively label ITALIANO a curmudgeon in some kind of formal history of the board.

Thank you, Original BJ. I agree with you of course (I had to look on the dictionary to see what it means, and knowing the man I was almost relieved that it didn't mean Gestapo chief or Serial killer!). But if that's the way Oscar Guy perceives me, no problem - it's his own PERSONAL history of the board after all. Limited, maybe, but it's his right after all.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Wes, it's appreciated. I always love these retrospective journeys down memory lane, but, I mean, this is a message board. This is a place if, for no other reason, we may feel free to say what we're thinking. It's always appreciated, and I felt like commenting on the fact that apparently my most distinguished attribute on this movie discussion board is that I post about movies.
"How's the despair?"
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Wes, don´t get angry. I don´think we are blaming you for your presentation. You asked for our opinions

Return to “General Off-Topic”