Bad Girls

Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

I think Winona stays in a point of no return don´t you agree?
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I think a former child star turned reckless party girl (like Drew Barrymore or Tatum O'Neal) needs to become Lindsey's mentor and get her out of this self-destructive rut that will either end her career or kill her.

I also think the best thing Winona Ryder could do about her career at this point would be to star in a remake of Marnie.

Edited By flipp525 on 1185748994
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I think Lohan has squandered whatever talent she may have had as a youngster. She's just as stupid as her idol Brittany and calculating in misguided way as her fair weather friends, Paris and Nicole.

She needs to sober up and get an education, after which if she truly has talent she can come back and maybe she'll be welcome.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Lohan definitely has talent, which is why her situation I find to be particularly tragic. Paris, Nicole and Britney are just blights on society.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

cam wrote:Davis, Monroe, yes even Turner had talent. So did Joplin and Holiday. In no way can you compare these artists to Hilton and Ritchie,

I didn't realize that's what you asked us for.

But okay.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

Davis, Monroe, yes even Turner had talent. So did Joplin and Holiday. In no way can you compare these artists to Hilton and Ritchie, who are strictly publicity hounds. I believe that Lohan may have something to offer when she grows up.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

I'm too young to remember Bette Davis, Lana Turner and Marilyn Monroe. Or Janis Joplin and Billie Holiday, for that matter.

And I don't think there are more BGs than there ever were. There's just more media, that's all.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

I don't think I remember so many Bad Girls in the media as there are today. Brittany Spears with her assualt on morality,( no class!) and those three chicks who think they are above the law like Hilton( God, she was in jail for a matter of days and the news headlined her release! ), Lohan and Ritchie.( headline today: "Lohan thought she wouldn't be punished"; Ritchie off to jail, wearing black . Wha?) I am thoroughly sick of reading about some capers of the three of them in every paper you can find. Another: Anna Nicole Smith--so many bedmates that they had to hunt for the kid's father.
There were scandals in the past among female stars, but apart from Liz Taylor I can remember only a very few.
I yawn when I see of some male star being caught with drugs or getting DUIs, but somehow even Robert Downey Jr. pales in comparison with these--I will say it--sluts.
I am no prude, but really! Anybody remember any BGs from the past?

Return to “General Off-Topic”