Stupid Church Billboards

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

It is a strange statement. All throughout life, we are taught that love comes naturally in all its forms. If they are making a point about the difference between love and lust, maybe that might be valid, but the wording is awkward. Of course love IS an emotion. And of course, in a sense, we do choose how to express our love. Even so, I have never heard such a silly thing as a love is a "choice, not an emotion." Christians would most likely be advocating the opposite, that love is an emotion and not a choice. That would be in line with the concept of one man, one woman. Heterosexual love is natural and to choose the same sex would imply that love is like a menu at the McDonald's. I've heard that sentiment before, but never the opposite. I have also heard people of certain religions who believe that there is no such thing as love, and that pro-creation is merely an unpleasant annoyance that must be endured in order to populate the world. But even those people have not put it in such an unusual fashion.

Incredible to find such a philosophy.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Oh, I get your meaning now. They are one of the worst churches and this kind of sentiment proves it.

So, by saying the below, they're saying that you have to CHOOSE to love God and your wife and your children. You can't actually feel love towards them, because that would be wrong.

Either that, or they're taking a dig at homosexuality again. You CHOOSE to love a man if you're a woman or you CHOOSE to love a woman if you're a man. It's unnatural to actually FEEL love towards someone of the same gender.

Either way goes to show how ridiculous the AoG are.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Eric wrote:Keep on trying to reclaim Christianity. The rest of us will be having sex.
Okay. I'm not getting any sex anyway. Might as well try to reclaim Christianity.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Keep on trying to reclaim Christianity. The rest of us will be having sex.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

OscarGuy wrote:Assemblies of God? Yeah.
They don't sound like Christians to me.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Assemblies of God? Yeah.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Are you sure those people are Christians, Wes?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I think I may have found the reason that the Assemblies of God have generated such idiotic conservatives like John Ashcroft. An AoG church here just put up the dumbest marquee statement I may have ever seen:

Love is a choice not an emotion.
Wesley Lovell

Return to “General Off-Topic”