I own a gay cat

danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

Damien, if you're interested in gay genetics, this article in New York Magazine is much more comprehensive, and pretty fascinating.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Interesting CNN article about being born gay or straight:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/26/sexuality/index.html
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

My dogs were all fixed/spayed before they could be straight or gay.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I had a lesbian dog once.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

When I was a kid, I took a summer school course (for fun) in Zoology. We did much of our work at the zoo itself. One of the Zookeepers stated factually that the animal kingdom also has gay animals. He specified a ring-tailed lemur in their own collection who was. So, it's not as aberrant as most think. This is a collection in a small town with its own Zoo (and one of only 4 Elephant Birthing Complexes in the entire country...we should be so proud!)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Well, Sabin, your first clue should've been the name: Hunter is just the gayest name ever.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

ALL cats are wonderful.

When I was a kid, my next door neighbors had a French poodle who clearly was interested only in other boy dogs. It was my first exposure to homosexuality.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Gay cats and blowjobs on disco floors?

It is obviously very late, you are tired AND bored!

Time to go to sleep.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

...or rather I live with one. I moved into a flat with three cats. One of them is 19, named Oliver. My roommate Evan has just taken it back home away from the other two who tormented the old thing. The other is Frederick, who's kind of an asshole. Just this big, fluffy thing that only wants to go where it's not allowed. Can't say I blame it but it gets annoying. And it keeps licking any inch of exposed skin it can find for some stupid reason. Salt? Or is it just a really annoying cat?

And then there's Hunter, who is sleeping on my stomach right now as I type after a busy evening of gazing longingly at me. Hunter is gray and relatively young, just an outright cuddle-slut. I'm a writer and I need to be able to type with my laptop but Hunter is not content to share me with anything. I try to position the laptop so I can write AND let the cat sleep on me, or rub me with its head, but it just keeps blocking my view of the screen. There can be nothing else in our worlds, only he and I. I've tried letting him sleep in my room but I can never sleep. It keeps rubbing me with its head for ####ing hours on end.

And when he's not gazing at me or doing that thing they do with their head, he'll reach other for me slowly with his paw. Very slowly and touch my face. And then do the head thing and block my view of the computer with its body.

I think this cat is gay. For me. This cat is gay, gay, gay. Sometimes Hunter and Frederick will lick each other while holding each other tenderly. I'd imagine that life in a confined space with another cat is not unlike prison rules, but they really seem to enjoy holding and licking each other. Almost as much as Hunter enjoys tenderly reaching out for me longingly.

Sexuality is fluid and I'd imagine no different in animals, but has anybody else encountered gay animals? Because - and I'm not mincing words here - this is a gay-ass cat. I have a dog back in Arizona that clearly shows a preference for older men, just wondering if this is a recurring thing.
"How's the despair?"

Return to “General Off-Topic”