New Developments III

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: New Developments III

Post by Sabin »

OscarGuy wrote
And unfortunately, now she's bound to lose her own seat and the Dems' because she's going to pull more votes from the Dem than the Republican. She really is a fucking waste of air.
She was going to get clobbered in the primary against Ruben Gallego. Now Dems only have one move, which is not to run anybody against her.
Last edited by Sabin on Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

And unfortunately, now she's bound to lose her own seat and the Dems' because she's going to pull more votes from the Dem than the Republican. She really is a fucking waste of air.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Wow! I was concerned that Kyrsten Sinema would switch to independent but I never thought she'd do it this fast.
"How's the despair?"
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

This is the first time since the direct election of U.S. Senators where every Senator who ran for reelection has been reelected.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Congratulations to Rafael Warnock who just won his fourth election in two years.
"How's the despair?"
danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

Sabin wrote:Huge political news if this happens. I haven't heard anyone else's analysis but I'm not opposed to these changes. The way our primary is organized right now makes no sense.

https://apple.news/AK1-kFf0dSW2LRAqp35e0yg
It looks like this is really going to happen, and it’s about time. A bunch of states are making their case, but because the Democratic party owes such a huge debt to Black voters, it’s a pretty good bet that it will be a state with a large Black population. South Carolina fits that bill and has been early in the primary calendar anyway, so is not a bad bet. Biden is biased, of course, because that was the state that established his front runner status in 2020.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Huge political news if this happens. I haven't heard anyone else's analysis but I'm not opposed to these changes. The way our primary is organized right now makes no sense.

https://apple.news/AK1-kFf0dSW2LRAqp35e0yg
"How's the despair?"
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Okri wrote
Watching Twitter right now... wow.
I've never seen someone so thirstily forcing a bankrupcy.
"How's the despair?"
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Watching Twitter right now... wow.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

This FTX thing is the horrible, but I do kind of like the fact that they were all in a poly relationship. People keep saying that fact like it’s part of the reason why a billion dollars evaporated, and I’m like “If none of them were fucking, I’m pretty sure that money would’ve gone away anyway.”
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sabin wrote:Tweet of the day:

“Be realistic. How could Trump beat a popular Florida Governor backed by the entire Republican establishment?”
Because there will be 6-7 candidates and Trump's base will get rid of all of them including De Santis if something doesn't happen to stop him.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

From what I've heard De Santis is a shitty public speaker and has a squeaky voice. I'm sure all the R's will vote just because, but some have suggested that these might be factors against him winning over independents.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

taki15 wrote
To be fair, DeSantis reminds me more of Scott Walker.
Walker, and I also get Christie vibes. There's always some "Asshole Governor"-type that they get excited by.
"How's the despair?"
taki15
Assistant

Post by taki15 »

Sabin wrote:Tweet of the day:

“Be realistic. How could Trump beat a popular Florida Governor backed by the entire Republican establishment?”
To be fair, DeSantis reminds me more of Scott Walker.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Tweet of the day:

"How's the despair?"

Return to “Current Events”