Biggest Oscar Disappointments ( Supporting Actress 90-99)

1927/28 through 1997

Supporting Actress

Juliette Lewis- Cape Fear
No votes
Rosie Perez- Fearless
No votes
Jennifer Tilly- Bullets Over Broadway
29%
Kathleen Quinlan- Apollo 13
No votes
Barbara Hershey- The Portrait of a Lady
7%
Marianne- Jean Baptiste- Secrets & Lies
14%
Joan Cusack- In & Out
7%
Chloe Sevigny- Boys Don't Cry
43%

Total votes: 14

ksrymy
Adjunct

Re: Biggest Oscar Disappointments ( Supporting Actress 90-99

Post by ksrymy »

reggiema24 wrote:You really shouldn't make fun of somebody for their choice.
Someone hasn't been around Damien enough...
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
mojoe92
Graduate

Post by mojoe92 »

reggiema24 wrote:
Damien wrote:
mojoe92 wrote:The biggest disappointment for me in the 90's was Jennifer Tilly in Bullets Over Broadway.
This is obviously some kid who is still tickled by a sense of irony and/or camp.

Actually I agree with Jennifer Tilly too. She was excellent in Bullets. Her and Dianne Wiest had the strongest performances in the category that year. It was Jennifer's poultry line and her fake laugh scene that got me though. But yes, Jennifer Tilly I do believe should have won. You really shouldn't make fun of somebody for their choice.
See, I'm not the only one
reggiema24
Graduate

Post by reggiema24 »

Damien wrote:
mojoe92 wrote:The biggest disappointment for me in the 90's was Jennifer Tilly in Bullets Over Broadway.
This is obviously some kid who is still tickled by a sense of irony and/or camp.

Actually I agree with Jennifer Tilly too. She was excellent in Bullets. Her and Dianne Wiest had the strongest performances in the category that year. It was Jennifer's poultry line and her fake laugh scene that got me though. But yes, Jennifer Tilly I do believe should have won. You really shouldn't make fun of somebody for their choice.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Only Sevigny was clearly superior to the winner (Angelina Jolie) in this group IMO.
mojoe92
Graduate

Biggest Oscar Disappointments ( Supporting Actress 90-99)

Post by mojoe92 »

The following are the nominees for the Actress in a Supporting Role category who I feel IMO did better than the actual winner that year and should have won over the actual winner. There is a tie in 1996, other than that it is a single winner. The biggest disappointment for me in the 90's was Jennifer Tilly in Bullets Over Broadway. If I was to pick a second it would be closely followed by Joan Cusack and then Marianne- Jean Baptiste.

Return to “The Damien Bona Memorial Oscar History Thread”