[NE] Nomination Elim Game ('79- OSCARGUY)

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It's the same method.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

OscarGuy wrote:I have a very specific method and order to how I organize this game. Whether there are people who want to help or not doesn't matter. Training someone how to use my method would take longer than it would just to do the game.
OG do you have as complicated a method to run the Best by the Best game too?
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Amigos,
just in case. As you probably know, we are in summer and I´m going on vavavion the next twoo weeks, so, I´ll be out of town till january the 24th. see you then.
Hasta la vista!
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I have a very specific method and order to how I organize this game. Whether there are people who want to help or not doesn't matter. Training someone how to use my method would take longer than it would just to do the game.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I think you might find some people who are willing and able to help run the game.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

As long as I have 400 things on my plate and no spare time to work on them in, yes.
Wesley Lovell
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Is this game dead?
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Where we off to next?
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Tallies for 1966:

NODS
12: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
7: Blow-Up; A Man for All Seasons; Seconds
6: 7 Women
4: Fantastic Voyage; A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum; Juliet of the Spirits; The Shop on Main Street
3: Alfie; The Burmese Harp; Gertrud; The Gospel According to St. Matthew; A Man and a Woman; The Sand Pebbles

CHANGE
+6: 7 Women; Seconds
+5: Blow-Up
+3: The Burmese Harp; A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum; Gertrud; The Shop of Main Street
-3: Gambit; The Professionals
-4: The Sand Pebbles
-6: Hawaii

Edited By FilmFan720 on 1291413380
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sabin is passing and Hustler hasn't been around so I'm going to jump ahead and replace Walter Matthau with Laurence Olivier in Khartoum.

Of course, if Hustler comes back within 48 hours of DWS' pick, he can over-rule my selection, otherwise the year is concluded.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Preserve James Mason. Not a great-great performance, but I'll never take a James Mason nomination away.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

rain Bard wrote:I don't believe much if any of it is original. Tracey was an ethnomusicologist, and my understanding is that he selected and supervised the recording of African pieces he had already been familiar with. I may be wrong, but that seems to me to fit the definition of an adapted score.
If that's the case, OK< it's certainly more of an accomplishment than Elmer Bernstein's. All he did was steal from his own score for the original Magnificent Seven.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

Preserve Wendy Hiller.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Sounds good to me.
- Minor Myers, Jr.
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

I don't believe much if any of it is original. Tracey was an ethnomusicologist, and my understanding is that he selected and supervised the recording of African pieces he had already been familiar with. I may be wrong, but that seems to me to fit the definition of an adapted score.

Return to “Other Film Discussions”