The "Orphans" are orphaned (for a few hours)

For discussions of subjects relating to literature and theater.
flipp525
Laureate

Re: The "Orphans" are orphaned (for a few hours)

Post by flipp525 »

Shia LaBeouf sounds like a real drama queen extraordinaire. One can do "method" or whatever his acting style is, without resorting to destruction and douchebaggery. I also think publishing private emails on Twitter was very unprofessional and just a bad move overall. Good luck getting theater work again.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

The "Orphans" are orphaned (for a few hours)

Post by Cinemanolis »

"Orphans" was supposed to premiere on Broadway with Alec Baldwin and Shia LaBeouf. However yesterday the director and the producers fired LaBeouf due to "creative differences". Then LaBeouf starting twitting photos of emails between him, Baldwin, the director and other collaborators, as well as his audition video. By doing so he kind of left exposed the people who sent him emails of support, namely costar Tom Sturridge who email him that "you lifted the play to a place higher than maybe it even desrved to be" and the fight director who emailed him "It must be difficult in others in the room to be schooled by someone who's raw talent and enthusiasm outmached theirs". The director Daniel Sullivan wrote to him "I’m too old for disagreeable situations. You’re one hell of a great actor. Alec is who he is. You are who you are. You two are incompatible. I should have known it." Apparently there were some compatibility issues between him and Baldwin, as they are both rumoured to be difficult to work with. Broadway gets a taste of some Hollywood intrigue.

A few hours ago it was announced that Ben Foster will replace LaBeouf.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/ ... n-orphans/

LaBeouf's twitter account
https://twitter.com/thecampaignbook

Return to “The Cam Dagg Memorial Theatre and Literature Forum”