R.I.P. Adam Yauch (aka MCA)

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Adam Yauch (aka MCA)

Post by Sonic Youth »

RIP, MCA.

To bring this full circle to the subject of movies, Yauch was also the co-founder of the film studio Oscilloscope, which went on to distribute Kelly Reichardt's films, Exit Through the Gift Shop, We Need to Talk About Kevin, The Messenger, The Maid, and several documentaries as well. Music documentaries in particular, about artists as diverse as Youssou N'Dour, Le Tigre and Scott Walker.

This passing is really depressing. I remember when the Beasties were old enough to be sent to the principal's office. They were the essence of what pre-respectable rock and roll was about, ie they were rude, they were improper, they were party anarchists (only not in the political way), they annoyed your white parents (and maybe even worried them), and they broke the reverse-color barrier. Their brilliant collaborations with the Dust Brothers made art out of sampling long before Beck arrived on the scene. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and what's more, they actually earned the recognition. Smoke some cheeba in his honor.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Greg
Tenured

R.I.P. Adam Yauch (aka MCA)

Post by Greg »

Adam Yauch, founding memeber of the Beastie Boys, has died:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/05/04/adam ... boys-dead/

Return to “Broadcast Media”