"In Living Color" to return to Fox

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Dien
Graduate

Re: "In Living Color" to return to Fox

Post by Dien »

Fox has a hit-or-miss history with sketch comedy (Mad TV only had a few good seasons and even then it was mostly just annoying). Even old episodes of In Living Color are hard to watch. There was an episode on the other day starring Sam Kinison and my ears started bleeding. But that's what worked for the show. The skits were loud, edgy, and relevant back in the early 90s (much like Kinison). If they get a good cast of young, funny, urban comedians - it could work. If they don't, it's just going to be another Mad TV and I won't be watching it. I'll stick to SNL now that its getting its energy back.

Anyway we can ressurect Kids in the Hall instead?
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

"In Living Color" to return to Fox

Post by Sonic Youth »

‘In Living Color’ returning to Fox midseason: 1990s sketch comedy launched Jim Carrey’s career
BY Kathleen Perricone
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

"In Living Color" is coming back from the dead.

The groundbreaking 1990s sketch comedy which launched the careers of Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Lopez will be returning to Fox this season, reports Deadline.

Keenen Ivory Wayans, who both created and starred on the original show, will serve as host and executive producer for two half-hour specials to air midseason in honor of the network's 25th anniversary. Deadline adds that the deal includes an option to add "In Living Color" as a regular series next season.

But don't expect to see stars like Carrey, Foxx or David Alan Grier come back for more laughs. Wayans plans to reboot the show with an all-new cast of comedians.

"In Living Color" premiered in 1990 was an instant hit for five seasons, thanks to memorable characterslike Homey D. Clown (Damon Wayans) and Fire Marshall Bill (Carrey).

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... z1cO5bttNQ
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “Broadcast Media”