2007 Hollywood Walk-of-Fame Honorees

Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

You go Erik Estrada!!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

This article's a few months old, but this is the first I've seen it. If anyone's already seen it, I'm sorry. Anyway, I don't think we've ever had any discussions on the Hollywood Walk-of-Fame before.

Hollywood Walk of Fame names 2007 honorees
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Rapper and producer Sean "Diddy" Combs, rock disc jockey Rodney Bingenheimer and TV host Barbara Walters have something in common.

They will join 20 other celebrities from radio, recording, theater, television and film to be honored in 2007 with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Recipients were announced Friday by Walk of Fame committee chairman Johnny Grant.

"It's a privilege to honor these performers," he said.

In a marathon meeting held June 16, the committee reviewed more than 200 nominations to select the 23 honorees.

The complete list of 2007 Walk of Fame recipients, as ratified by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce board of directors:

_ Motion pictures: Michael Caine, Matt Damon, Lauren Shuler Donner, Jamie Foxx, John Goodman, Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert Altman.

_ Television: Walters, Erik Estrada, Kiefer Sutherland, Jerry Stiller, Dick Wolf.

_ Recording: Combs, Mariah Carey, The Doors, Crystal Gayle, Tim McGraw, LeAnn Rimes, Shania Twain.

_ Live theater/performance: Sir Tim Rice, Lily Tomlin.

_ Radio: Bingenheimer, Stu Nahan.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)

Return to “Other Film Discussions”