Canadian Idol

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

I guess you have to live close to the border to pick up Canadian Idol. Oddly, the last few years of it have been way more enjoyable than the American version, and the winners have done well here.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Where can us Yanks see this? I'm always up for a good laugh at Canadians.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

It is supposed to be the nature of Canadians to apologize: so, I'm sorry about this year's Canadian Idol--so far.

A very unfortunate corporate decision was made to have the eleven male finalists, last night, for two hours, and the females tonight for two hours. Canadian television has been accused of being dull--normally it is not, and some of the best TV around--but these four hours blended into a blancmange of ordinariness.(or is that a redundancy?) I'm sorry, not one stood out.

Anyone any thoughts on who will make it? Does anyone care?

And: WTF is Farley Flex? These judges are dreadful. Sass somebody is in the Paula position and makes it her policy to caress and encourage even the worst. Dreadfully insincere woman. The Simon character is unheard of in the West, as all of them are. Toronto arrogance once again.

Return to “Broadcast Media”