Gay Valentine Murder

Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

This totally makes up for her crying about that dog. Good for her.

Seriously though, this story is horrific and sad, and her point is a good one -- using marginalized people for punch lines is just the beginning of the hate cycle. I'm glad she made that smooth transition into voting for a candidate who isn't so hateful (i.e. a Republican).
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

On February 27, 2006, a young boy, bullied for suspected gay behaviour, who wore a pink shirt to school on his first day in the school, committed suicide.

Two years after that date, a major initiative in our city, Vancouver, proclaimed February 27 as "Pink Day". It was, apparently , a huge success, with entire school populations --and many businesses--wearing pink: a sign that bullying will not be tolerated.
It has become a huge issue in the schools and in the general popuation. Facebook had a huge number of "pink" entries.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Ellen Torn Up Over Gay Bash/Murder

This is why I really respect Ellen. She says some very important things in this clip that every human being should here. This is truly horrifying.

Here's the actual story.

Edited By flipp525 on 1204257768
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Return to “Current Events”