Ann Coulter starts on the Jews

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

This is Medved...He's filled with pride mixed with self-loathing...after all, the American slave trade was so brief that it's hardly worth mentioning...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

This time I blame Michael Medved for all of this, which in my mind makes him a terrible, terrible Jew. Even if his is so blindly-conservative as to allow Ann Coulter a chance to defend herself, allowing any person air time who spouts such brazenly and intellionally dangerous, ignorant bullshit is the height of irresponsibility. To simply put her on for ratings, to scoop what NOBODY ELSE WANTS! is immoral. Ann Coulter can't help herself. She's a power-hungry cunt. But Michael Medved is genuinely disgusting.
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

The repulsive Michael Medved is so devoid of principles that even though he is an Orthodox Jew he invited Coulter on his radio program (the better to spike his ratings). As such, he deserved everything he got from her.

From The Jewish Week:

COULTER SLANDERS JEWS AGAIN
Says Jews Believe Jesus a “Raving Lunatic”

October 18, 2007

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Within days of saying that Jews should be “perfected” and that America would be better off where Judaism thrown away Ann Coulter has struck again, telling right wing radio host Michael Medved that “the Jews believe that my savior, a Jew, was a raving lunatic, and you don’t see me sniffling and crying.”

“Broadcasters know exactly what they are getting when they choose to put Coulter on the air,” said NJDC Executive Director Ira N. Forman. “The next time a news network chooses to help her sell books by giving her air time, we can only assume they are tacitly endorsing her behavior. And, if Republican presidential candidates continue to abstain from condemning her, they are tacitly endorsing her behavior as well.

The full quote from Ann Coulter:

“But Judaism, as I explained -- Christians accept the Old Testament. Jews don't accept the New Testament, so, you know, as long as we're playing this new sport of ‘he who is offended first wins,’ if anyone's going to be offended by anyone else's religion, the Jews believe that my savior, a Jew, was a raving lunatic, and you don't see me sniffling and crying.”

[Media Matters for America: ]http://mediamatters.org/items/200710160009?f=h_top]

NJDC has an online petition to ask the broadcast networks to stop booking Coulter as a guest. It can be signed at http://www.njdc.org/stopcoulter.html

Edited By Damien on 1192745595
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

I hear she likes urinating during sex. It's part of her love for trickle down economics.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

anonymous wrote:I doubt she even means half of what she says. She just says outrageous things to cause controversy, grab headlines and promote sales of her books.

The fact I find funny is that people are actually falling for it by giving her more publicity.

Exactly right. She admitted long ago she was a troll, and she's just bullshitting now. She's supposed to have some very close Jewish friends in her inner circle, and if the rumors are correct she's also dating NYC council president Andrew Stein... hardly a Lutheran, he.

If the media stopped paying attention to her, then she'll shrivel up and die like the Wicked Witch of the West. But she won't go away unless we stop paying attention to her!
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

This woman is an evil cow.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I guess Ann got tired with all the gay stuff and has decided to re-prioritize her agenda. As much as I want to completely write her off as irrelevant, I really do think that putting an idea like this into the universe is still dangerous because, to a certain extent, it serves to legitimize the anti-Semitism that still exists within a lot of people.

Fags and Jews have taken it from all sides time and time again. Nothing new there. Both groups are strong enough to deflect this extremely egotistical, small-minded harridan.

Edited By flipp525 on 1192220545
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I doubt she even means half of what she says. She just says outrageous things to cause controversy, grab headlines and promote sales of her books.

The fact I find funny is that people are actually falling for it by giving her more publicity.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Donny Deutsch Bag had no right to be offended. He invited tgis harridan on his show, so what did he expect -- a civil discourse. I can't believe after her comments about John Edwards's son and September 11 widows anyone would still put er on the air. I was in fact shocked the other morning when I turned on MSNBC and there she was blathering away (about how Giuliani stirs her loins).
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Seriously, just a fantastic idea. Faced with looming irrelevance, Ann Coulter's got her groove back...and by groove, I mean people fucking hating her.

ANN COULTER CALLS FOR JEWS TO BE "PERFECTED" BY CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY
Nick Juliano
Jewish group calls on media to boycott right wing author

The National Jewish Democratic Council called for media organizations to stop inviting arch-conservative Ann Coulter to appear on television after the right wing pundit and author continued her habit of making outrageous, offensive comments on national television.

This time, Coulter said Jews should be "perfected" by accepting Jesus and America would be better off if everyone was a Christian.

A national Catholic organization also criticized Coulter's remarks.

"I'm just dumbfounded that a Christian would even say this in America," Chris Korzen, executive director of Catholics United told RAW STORY.

Korzen said it was "particularly dangerous" to be mixing religious conversion with discussions of what it means to be an American, and he said Coulter's comments reminded him of John McCain referring to the US as a "Christian nation."

"I don't believe I read anything in the constitution about Jesus Christ dying for our sins," Korzen said.

Others called for television networks to ban Coulter from the airwaves.

“While Ann Coulter has freedom of speech, news outlets should exercise their freedom to use better judgment,” NJDC Executive Director Ira N. Forman said in a press release. “Just as media outlets don’t invite those who believe that Martians walk the earth to frequently comment on science stories, it’s time they stop inviting Ann Coulter to comment on politics.”

Media Matters also criticized Coulter, one of the group's favorite targets.

Coulter's comments came during Monday's episode of CNBC's The Big Idea, but received little notice until Media Matters' report Wednesday and the NJDC's criticism Thursday.

Host Donny Deutsch asked Coulter what her ideal picture of America looked like and she recalled the 2004 Republican convention in New York City.

"People were happy. They're Christian. They're tolerant. They defend America," she said.

Deutsch asked, "It would be better if we were all Christian?" Coulter replied "yes," and reitereated her declaration again later in the interview, although she denied wanting to wipe all Jews off the map.

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say," Coulter said. "That is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews. We believe the Old Testament. As you know from the Old Testament, God was constantly getting fed up with humans for not being able to, you know, live up to all the laws."

Deutsch, a practicing Jew, said he was personally offended by Coulter's remark, and she tried to defend herself.

"I don't want you being offended by this. This is what Christians consider themselves, because our testament is the continuation of your testament. You know that. So we think Jews go to heaven. I mean, [Rev. Jerry] Falwell himself said that, but you have to follow laws. Ours is 'Christ died for our sins,'" Coulter said. "We consider ourselves perfected Christians. For me to say that for you to become a Christian is to become a perfected Christian is not offensive at all."

Another Catholic group blasted Coulter's remarks, saying they "show profound ignorance of both religion and American history."

"Ms. Coulter embarrasses Christians with her arrogance and insensitivity," Alexia Kelley, Executive Director, Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, said in an e-mail to RAW STORY. "And (she) does not speak for those Christians and Jews who struggle together every day for justice and the common good."

Reaction to Coulter's comments was mixed online, with the US correspondent for Israeli daily Haretz cataloguing all the possible responses to Coulter's latest tirade.

In what he calls one of the "silly parts of blogging," Shmuel Rosner gives a range of reactions from, " This is anti-Semitism; pure and simple," to "She only said that for a Christian it is okay to hope for everybody else to be a Christian. What's wrong with that?" to "Ann Coulter? Who's Ann Coulter?"
"How's the despair?"

Return to “Current Events”