Razzie predictions? :)

1998 through 2007
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The Lady in the Water was an unrivaled failure. The Village was still moderately successful and well liked by some (why I don't know...)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

dreaMaker wrote:And did exactly the same thing with Amy Irving.

And don't forget James Coco for Only When I Laugh, a performance that belongs in the pantheon of the most gay ghetto-ized performances ever. He might as well have acted in black face.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

what do you think about ben affeck? They hate him.
And did exactly the same thing with Amy Irving.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

They "snubbed" The Village. What makes you guys think they'll "honor" Lady in the Water?
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

'Lady in the Water' is a lock for Picture, Director, Screenplay, and Supporting Actor, with stiff competition from 'Basic Instinct 2'.

Let's not forget 'The Da Vinci Code' with likely nominations for Picture, Director, Actor, Actress...'Little Man' for the Wayans Bros....'Nacho Libre' for Black and the 'Napoleon Dynamite' crew...and maybe a token nod for Uwe Bowl for 'BloodRayne'...Williams for 'Man of the Year' and ''RV', a slew of nods for the unpleasant 'Pink Panther' actors...Kate Bosworth for 'Superman Returns'...and maybe Tom Cruise for 'Mission: Impossible 3'.
"How's the despair?"
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

dreaMaker wrote:We have seen so many shitty movies this year...

Whatchoo mean "we?"

Although I DID see The Black Dahlia, and that may figure in. But I agree. It's Lady of the Water's to lose.

Lindsay Lohan will be offered up as a sacrificial lamb. She was in something that bombed. And let's not forget Basic Instinct 2.

And best of all, the cruddiest may be yet to come. Can't wait!
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I predict today that Lady in the Water will not only win but it'll take the prize for Best Director for M. Night Shyamalan. There's no doubt they'll look at this as the perfect opportunity to stick it to him.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Lady in the Water.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

So, what do you think?
We have seen so many shitty movies this year...
Poseidon? Scary Movie? Date Movie? Pink Panther? The Grudge? (...)

Return to “The 8th Decade”