Want to Help?

Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

OscarGuy wrote:Google Adsense is who provides the ads on my site. If you click through to an ad, Google marks that click thru. Some ads will give monetary credit, others won't. So, I encourage you on occasion to click on an ad. Even if you don't plan on purchasing anything, clicking thru helps. Thanks for your time.
Right now I see an ad that says "Booyah: Save Up To 90% On Local Eats: www.Groupon.com" just above "UAADB: The Unofficial Academy Awards Discussion Board On Cinema Sight." Is this what you're talking about?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I don't know how many here know, but I currently use the Amazon Associates program on my website (Peter's article every week has links to DVDs, as do my regular full-blown reviews, to purchase).

When you purchase through these links, I get a very small portion of the sale from Amazon.com (1% to 2%).

Now, here's the awesome part. If you aren't into DVDs, but want to purchase something else from Amazon.com? Guess what, you can STILL grant me a small portion of your sale. When you click through one of these links to Amazon, it logs my site's ID to your browsing, so that when you move to other pages without Amazon.com, anything you buy that way will be credited to me for bringing you through.

What won't work is going through my link, picking something, but not purchasing it then and coming back to Amazon.com to do so. In order for me to get credit, you must go through the link and go immediately to purchase it. So, with the holiday season coming up, I encourage you to consider Amazon and thereby consider giving me a small income (it's never much, but every tiny bit can help).

Now, you want to have the potential, but not the guarantee to increase my ad revenue. Google Adsense is who provides the ads on my site. If you click through to an ad, Google marks that click thru. Some ads will give monetary credit, others won't. So, I encourage you on occasion to click on an ad. Even if you don't plan on purchasing anything, clicking thru helps. In addition, if you browse their site a little, it might actually increase the likelihood I get some credit.

So, please do what you can to help me out. Every little bit does help even if it won't ever be enough to meet my needs.

Thanks for your time.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Off-Topic”