Cam update

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Cam passed away New Year's Day at 9:30 A.M.

See the other thread: http://uaadb.oscarguy.com/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=32;t=12549;
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Cam, I hope with this being a new year that everything will happen for the best. Good will to you and your family, and take care.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Oh, gosh! I missed this until now.

It's such a pleasure having you in my life. In our lives. I'm glad I didn't annoy you for long after our arguments.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

From Danae (Mrs. Cam Dagg):

(Peter, could you pass this on to the Oscar Board for me - thanks.) And thanks so much for forwarding all the good wishes from the Oscar Board to Cam. I'll take them in this morning when I go to visit him and I know he will be so pleased. I don't know much about what goes on, on the Oscar Board, but I do know that he has made some wonderful friends there whose knowledge and expertise he respects and admires. I also know that when he's been angry or pissed off at something that has gone on there - it doesn't last long. The UAADB (and I have no idea what those initials stand for!) has been engaging, absorbing and huge fun for Cam. Thanks to all of you for being e-friends and so much more -you really have enriched Cam's life in many ways.
Gratefully,
Danae
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Damien wrote:
Sonic Youth wrote:Hey, cam! Hang in there if you can so we can all watch the Oscars together. And don't flirt with too many nurses!

Also, is there a picture of yourself anywhere on the internet? I'd like to put a face to your posts.
Sonic, Danae (Cam's wife) sent me a picture of Cam to forward to you (I don't think it can be posted here. Or at least I don't know how to do it.) PM me the best email address for you and I'll send it on to you.

If anyone else would like a picture as well, just give me your email address.
I would certainly like to have his pic. Please, send it to me. Btw Damien an all of you, it woluld be nice that everyone of us share his pics with the rest.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm hoping, with Cam's and his wife's permission, that I might be able to put up a retrospective on my site for Cam. I don't know if he has a bio anywhere and I'm hoping I won't need his obituary for a good long while, but I want to do something eventually for him (as I would for any of our long time members who have contributed so much to the UAADB).

So, a picture would certainly go nicely with it. Of course, I would ask her permission directly, but I don't have her e-mail address and I'm not sure she is checking his that frequently.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Sonic Youth wrote:Hey, cam! Hang in there if you can so we can all watch the Oscars together. And don't flirt with too many nurses!

Also, is there a picture of yourself anywhere on the internet? I'd like to put a face to your posts.
Sonic, Danae (Cam's wife) sent me a picture of Cam to forward to you (I don't think it can be posted here. Or at least I don't know how to do it.) PM me the best email address for you and I'll send it on to you.

If anyone else would like a picture as well, just give me your email address.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Cam, of course I'm sorry to read of your health state. For whatever it's worth, my warmest wishes, and hopes for the best. Your voice is greatly missed here.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Cam, here's hoping you get all the family/friends/videos/etc. you need to keep you the happiest at Crossroads!
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

cam, I was very upset this morning to read this post about you. I hope that you are doing well and that you're being well taken care of. Your wife sounds absolutely precious. Happy New Year and take good care of yourself.

Best,
Philip.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Hi cam, we really miss you in the board. You, Damien and Big Magilla are the 3 wise men of the UAADB. Let's hope that now that the Oscars are coming up, you'll visit the board to tell us your news. I wish you and your family all the best and Merry Christmas, or as we say in Greece "Kala Xristougenna".

Edited By Cinemanolis on 1262258215
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Big Magilla wrote:
Damien wrote:If anyone wants to drop Cam an email, pm me and I'll give you his wife's email address.
Or me. In the meantime I'll copy your comments here and forward them to her in one big e-mail.
Big, I forwarded the ones already posted earlier tonight. Why don't you do the new ones?
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Damien wrote:If anyone wants to drop Cam an email, pm me and I'll give you his wife's email address.
Or me. In the meantime I'll copy your comments here and forward them to her in one big e-mail.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

If anyone wants to drop Cam an email, pm me and I'll give you his wife's email address.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Cam, if you are reading this you are in our thoughts and prayers...Peter, please keep us updated with any/all news.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.

Return to “General Off-Topic”