Disneyland Paris - ?

tootpadu
Graduate

Post by tootpadu »

The parks will indeed be open on Christmas day and should most probably be packed. It might be wiser to go there before the holidays, as the Xmas season generally starts around mid-november.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Movielover wrote:Also, is hte park open Christmas Day? I'm going with a bunch of Jews and it's often hard to find things that are open Christmas Day.
If it's anything like Disney World in FL, not only will it be open, but it'll be packed to the rafters with people!

Tootpadu, a fellow Disney alumni! Who knew!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Movielover
Graduate

Post by Movielover »

Thank you, tootpadu!

Now when you saw the slow season... does that include right around Christmastime? I imagine the last week in December isn't so slow because people have off for the holiday, but I definitely see January and February as being the slow point.

Also, is hte park open Christmas Day? I'm going with a bunch of Jews and it's often hard to find things that are open Christmas Day.

Thanks.
tootpadu
Graduate

Post by tootpadu »

I've been working at Disneyland Paris for a long time, so I think I might help you out with the information you might need.

As Penelope stated, most rides should be open during winter season, except a few that use the slow off season in January and Febuary for rehabs. There are hardly any rides that close for bad/cold weather, as the parc was designed to accomodate the mainly drab parisian climate. However, I remember last year the Riverboats being closed for a few days, 'cause the lake was frozen, so you never know.

You should be more concerned about rides being closed partly to cut costs of staff. They already start this summer with some rides closing early and another (Pinocchio) opening late (3 p.m.), to avoid hiring as many seasonal workers as in years past. However, with the economy being what it is, it's impossible to predict the impact this'll have on next winter season. There were winter seasons though, when like half of the park only opened in the afternoon.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Splash Mountain is open year-round at Disney World in Florida (barring a closure due to rehab), but the water parks are probably closed.

As for Disneyland Paris, I have no idea; here's a link to their contact page, they might be able to help you. If you're going during an "off" season, expect 2 or 3 attractions to be closed for rehabs.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Movielover
Graduate

Post by Movielover »

Anyone ever been to Disneyland Paris during the Winter Holidays? If so, are certain rides/parts of the park closed? I would imagine some may close in Florida (I'm sure the water parks are closed, and maybe Splash Mountain?)

Any info is helpful...

I'm trying to plan a trip to France and accomodate a lot of people and Disneyland Paris is a big deal for some people. But does it even make sense in the winter?

Return to “General Off-Topic”