Grievances Aired

Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Holy crap, this thread. What a difference a day makes.

Shouldn't we first and foremost be concerned for Penelope? He earlier alluded to something about his state of mind that I don't even want to speak about in explicit terms, and now he's gone again. Damien, you know I'm in agreement with you about keeping things in perspective. But I can see some of us are too invested here to do so. I don't know the solution.

Oscar Guy, whether it's a hidden thread or not, bringing this up again isn't helping things. No one doubts your intentions. But let it settle down! The longer this goes on, the more damage this causes.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

cam wrote:she did not bombard us with antagonistic posts.
Good, so maybe you could stop doing this, cam - especially behind one's back. Give us a good example.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Steph2 wrote:Well...after receiving a few nice PM's (thanks guys) and an exhaustive, logical discussion with Aakash (man! you talk too damn much) I've decided not to leave after all. If only because I don't have the fortitude to keep talking with Aakash about it, so if you're looking to blame anyone for my not leaving, blame him!

Yay!!!

And all I can say to the people who are leaving/threatening to leave is that you're taking things too seriously. C'mon guys it's an Oscar discussion board -- there's no life and death going on here -- and as I've said before, if you don't like a particular person here, don't even bother reading his posts.

Edited By Damien on 1202859961
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Penelope leave? Quite likely. We have been discussing it, and I have not seen anything interesting here for awhile. I am going to go as well . I'll wait to see if the kids leave. They remind me of Chloe Sevigny's cousin, but fortunately, she did not bombard us with antagonistic posts. She was just as omipresent, though.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

I think so, can't be sure (I hope not). But tune in tomorrow for another episode of this soap.

Edited By Akash on 1202856338
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Did Penelope just leave?
"How's the despair?"
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Thanks for throwing me under the bus, dude. Glad to have you back.
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Well...after receiving a few nice PM's (thanks guys) and an exhaustive, logical discussion with Aakash (man! you talk too damn much) I've decided not to leave after all. If only because I don't have the fortitude to keep talking with Aakash about it, so if you're looking to blame anyone for my not leaving, blame him!

But seriously, I think most of you are right. This is just not that serious and shouldn't be treated as such. And if I left now, I know some of you will b e very happy and that...just...won't...do. I couldn't live with myself if I made some of you that happy! It would go against so much of my good work on this board :p

And Sabin is absolutely correct. Let's not forget where we are. What would an Oscar Board be without a little cattiness?

So, um, you know...meow.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I'm like Mister Tee...it feels like I've come back from vacation to find the company shutting down. Except I've been here every day for months, and I don't know what happened since the discord last week that lead to this. I thought we were sliding back to normal.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

I'm like Sabin -- I've apparently missed an important chapter, and suddenly I walk in to find people emptying their cubicles. What happened that was so bad?

Let me say I'm strongly in favor of no one leaving. Not that anyone's waiting on my opinion.

Edited By Mister Tee on 1202849302
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Ah, screw it. Goodbye.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

This whole thing is getting silly...

I'm going to hold my hand up and say that I contributed to the 'secret meeting' and do understand Wes' reasons for it, but this is getting ridicules.

This is a message board, nothing more nothing less. If someone starts verbally attacking you, do one of two things: take the higher ground and ignore them, or attack them back. This is a message board. What's the worst that can happen?

The idea of banning people - and I know that's not happening - or even hinting at the possibility of banning someone is rather childish.

To quote Damien (I just noticed this post)
Excellent post, Oscar Guy. I think things are already getting back to normal, so hang in there!

Things may not get back to normal, mate... I don't post here very often, but I do check in on what's being discussed from time-to-time, and if this crap continues I won’t be back.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

OscarGuy wrote:but I'm starting to believe that may be impossible.
Nothing is impossible as long as you believe.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Excellent post, Oscar Guy. I thinks things are already getting back to normal, so hang in there!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Sonic Youth wrote:I've been saying, if you feel baited and provoked by a poster, just IGNORE them! Easier said than done? Do it moreoften, and it'll get easier.
The board has gone through a lot, and with a little time it will regain equilibrium once again.
Thank you Sonic. Well said.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “General Off-Topic”