Grievances Aired

jsmalahy
Graduate

Post by jsmalahy »

Eric wrote:And half because I didn't know if it's all that great an idea to get into interpersonals with Aakash.

Heaven forbid you say what you really think right? (except in secret of course) Or maybe some of you are just afraid I'll say what you all REALLY think about each other? LOL. Don't worry, I won't. Not the truly negative things anyway (except flipp). Because that would require it's own thread!

I will say this though: poor Oscar Guy thinks everyone always gangs up on him and doesn't like him etc. But the truth is, no one ever said anything bad or mean about him in private. At least not to "Aakash" or "Steph" or "Nik" or any of the other names I went by. Everyone seemed to be genuinely appreciative of the place he created. So OG if you're reading this -- and I know you are -- that was all in your head. None of these people ever hated you. Deal with it.

Also Eric, that's not the correct spelling of my first name. That was the fake one.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

But apparently Reza's bored.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

I bumped it half because of the tone some of us (myself included, as always) were taking this morning w.r.t the Holocaust and Palestine. And half because I didn't know if it's all that great an idea to get into interpersonals with Aakash.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

I'm not sure entirely what is happening--my internet has been cutting in and out, and haven't had a chance to go through all the threads, but have seen a few nasty comments from several participants.

It's in my nature to want to be a peacemaker. I want everyone to stay and participate in this board, recognizing the positive qualities that everyone brings to the board. I hope we can do that. Let's try to recognize that and not belittle or attack each other personally. Please?
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
barrybrooks8
Temp

Post by barrybrooks8 »

I read the first three pages....am I missing something?
"Jesus! Look at my hands! Now really, I am too young for liver spots. Maybe I can merge them together into a tan."
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

No really everyone, re-read this thread before we go back down this road.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Eric wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:You are as much a part of the problem as you are a part of the solution.

I have no intention of being part of the solution if it includes banning people. I have every intention of being part of the exodus, though.
What a difference a year makes, by the way.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

I get the sense this "UAADB is not a discussion forum, it's a punching bag" thread needs to get resurrected.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Having posting problems. Just testing.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Only the colored ones. The white babies will be covered in mud.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Akash wrote:I'm putting my money on the fat kid winning.
Pedro Martinez wants to get in on this action. Are razor blades attached to the babies?
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

flipp525 wrote:Speaking of, lesbian hot oil wrestling looked like fun!
The elimnation of words certainly does change things.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Thanks Flipp. I was hoping I wouldn't have to add another series to catch up on (Lost and Survivor are all I can handle right now, and I still want to get in on Mad Men) but hot women wrestling each other? Wait, they are hot right? If so, I'm totally there.

Edited By Akash on 1203459130
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Speaking of, did anyone catch The L Word on Sunday? A significant portion of this week's episode featured lesbian hot oil wrestling. It looked like fun! Even I thought it was hot!

Edited By flipp525 on 1203458446
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Akash wrote:It's very uncomfortable for brown people when white people cover themselves in mud, Zahveed.

As a white person, it's very uncomfortable when brown people cover themselves with..... uh.... cream pie
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."

Return to “General Off-Topic”