Grievances Aired

Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Lol, Sabin. You can say whatever crazy shit comes to your mind about midgets. I won't be offended becuase it won't change how I feel about her. (Awwww) Just don't let her hear you say anything about her height. She'll kick your ass. She knows jujutsu.

It is a little awkward when we have to tell the hostess at a retaraunt she doesn't need a kid's menu.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Goddammit, Zahveed...why does that have to be true? I just wanted to talk crazy shit about midgets. That's horrible. Fuck you, your horrible-and-yet-totally-sweet story, and your entirely-a-person wife.
"How's the despair?"
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Hustler wrote:
Steph2 wrote:
Zahveed wrote:Well, it's not genetics. She was hit by a car in third grade and it stunted her growth. So I guess that makes at least half a real person.

If that´s true zahveed it´s very sad!
Yea, her and her dad were walking down the sidewalk and a car veered off the road and hit them. It's alright though, she's beautiful just as she is.
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Steph2 wrote:
Zahveed wrote:Well, it's not genetics. She was hit by a car in third grade and it stunted her growth. So I guess that makes at least half a real person.

What the hell are you guys talking about??
Midgets, Stephanie (I'm assuming that's your name).

I’m tempted to make a propeller joke, but I’ll resist the temptation...
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Steph2 wrote:
If that´s true zahveed it´s very sad!
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

What the hell are you guys talking about??
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Like everyone else, I'm relieved to hear you're bouncing back, Penelope.

And I know fully how you're feeling about your first Chicago winter. I went to Northwestern, and winter quarter of my freshman year was a life low point for the very reasons you mention -- and, as I'm from New York, the climate change was a system-shock of far less magnitude.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Having lived in the midwest all my life, Penelope, you will get used to it. Matter of fact, that reclusiveness you're experiencing will go away. There are plenty of places to go in the winter and you can easily find something to do even if it isn't the bare-chested kind of fun. When you get past the idiots who can't drive on the snow and ice (despite many of them having lived in it for enough years to know how to), you may soon come to love it.

We had another horrid ice storm here Monday. Thank goodness it wasn't like last year's. I only had a brief hiccup in the power, nothing went down though. But, when you look out at the sun glinting off the snow and ice covered blades of grass, the weighted heft of boughs shining in the light, you can easily gain an appreciation for the season even if you hate getting out in it.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Glad you're well Penelope. Take care.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Glad to hear you're ok Pen. And don't worry about the midget talk, it's all sorts of crazy.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Guys, I'm ok, I really appreciate the kind and worried messages I have received from people here; I've been very busy lately, and haven't been able to respond yet to each and every one.

I am going through a rough time right now, it's not just any of the conflicts on this board (which I hope we can work out), but also work, personal relationships and, believe it or not, the weather--for someone who has lived his whole life in Florida, this cold, bitter, slushy, dark winter in Chicago is not something I am used to--I've become a hermit, and I don't like it.

Again, thank you to everyone for your concern. Give me a day or two for a reprieve, and I'll be back.

I'm not quite sure I understand this whole midget reference...?
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Good News that Penelope is fine. Leave him alone! Let him rethink about the whole situation, as he accurately expressed in his post.
Good for Wes too, that nobody was banned here. As for your supervision here, you´re the boss of the circus. Don´t feel scared of establishing a limit here. You are in charge of this board. This is yours, absolutely yours. It belongs to you! So, don´t deal with everybody´s agreement here!. It´s impossible!. It will drive you crazy. Let the board recover it´s equilibrium.

Edited By Hustler on 1202926492
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Well, it's not genetics. She was hit by a car in third grade and it stunted her growth. So I guess that makes at least half a real person.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Sabin wrote:I really don't see any positive coming out of this thread. And I'm sorry Zahveed, but that means your wife is a midget and therefore not a real person.
But more importantly, does her milkshake bring all the boys to the yard?
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Sabin wrote:that means your wife is a midget and therefore not a real person.
She and all her cursed kind!
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Return to “General Off-Topic”