Ice Storm

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm working on a quick and dirty update to my front page about the hell-filled weekend I've had.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

With fully 72% of British Columbia believing that the end of the world will come in two or three generations( may be speeded up if the IDIOT pursues adventures in Iran), we have been experiencing what BCers might called apolcalyptic weather --two months of solid rain; December and January,much snow and winds, heavy storms, trees down, power out( 4 times in my house), cold, cold weather. This is just Not BC--we expect some rain, but some coat-less days too(like DC just mentioned). Our weather is normally very temperate. In Eastern Canada, in Ottawa where they would normally have the weather WE are having, we are having theirs. Orange crop failure in Southern California?
It is time for the Governments of the world to declare a major clean-up: in the US, starting at the White House, with less use of oil products.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Oh, I see. Silly me!
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Tree limbs, Reza, tree limbs, a bitch to clean up. Hopefully the situation hasn't gotten any worse.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

OscarGuy wrote:My yard alone has more than a dozen limbs in it plus a couple that have punctured through the ceiling of my mother's bedroom.
Why does this bring on visions from a Wes Craven film? By ''limbs'' do you mean the human variety?
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Good luck with everything, Wes. The weather here in D.C. is bizarrely warm. I wore a t-shirt and jeans all day. It's also Mid-Atlantic Leather (MAL) weekend here in the city so all the leather daddies are out walking around in ass-less chaps and not freezing their dicks off!

Funny, I thought this thread was going to be about Ang Lee's 1997 film of the same title. That along with her performance in Wonder Boys were the only times Katie Holmes really "fit" in a film.

Edited By flipp525 on 1168737291
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Our area has been hit by a major ice storm. My yard alone has more than a dozen limbs in it plus a couple that have punctured through the ceiling of my mother's bedroom. The power's out and doesn't look like it will be up anytime soon. Since this is expected to continue through Sunday, I may not have easy and immediate access online. So, have fun without me...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Off-Topic”