Great to see you!

All new members must send a PM (Private Message) to OscarGuy via the PM system in order to get access.
sijmen
Graduate

Re: Great to see you!

Post by sijmen »

Sonic Youth wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:37 am Hello, sijmen. Made any movies lately?
No, but I've been working as a screenwriter for more than 10 years now.

I co-wrote two films, both did well on the festival circuit, winning some awards and received glowing reviews, but they were both commercially disappointments. The TV-shows I've worked on were the other way around: negative reviews but viewers liked them. Currently I'm the head writer of a telenovelle, which is fun to do, but also very time consuming, since we have 4 episodes per week.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Such a pleasure to see you again. Don't be a stranger.
"How's the despair?"
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Hello, sijmen. Made any movies lately?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
sijmen
Graduate

Post by sijmen »

Yes, I still do my mathematical predictions ;-)

I never skipped a year since Gladiator, always fine tuning and improving the 'formula'

I've changed my site, since it was way too time consuming, but I still post the final predictions for my own pleasure here: http://oscarsijmen.freehostia.com/22oscpik.htm

I'll post the current standings in the 10th Decade-section.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Welcome back. Hope you're not here just to say hi and bye again, but staying for a spell.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Ah, yes, we remember you well. Do share your thoughts on the current crop of contenders.
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

Great to see you again!!

I still remember your formulaic approach to predict the nominees! Do you still do it?

Who h are your favourite films this year?
sijmen
Graduate

Great to see you!

Post by sijmen »

I guess it must be more than 15 years ago when I last came here, but around 2000/2001 the uaadb was my favourite website and I spent hours and hours here. I logged in so many times that after all those years my computer aparently still remembers my login and password ;-))

I just logged in to say that it's really great to see a lot of familiar names still posting! Big Magilla, ITALIANO, Sabin, Mister Tee, OscarGuy... seeing your names here is like stumbling into old friends. A warm and cosy blast from the past. I hope you are all well and I wish you all the best! And of course a Merry Award Season and a Happy New Year ;-)

Return to “Let Me Introduce Myself...”