Meryl Streep wins Princess of Asturias Award for Arts

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Greg
Tenured

Re: Meryl Streep wins Princess of Asturias Award for Arts

Post by Greg »

Big Magilla wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:23 am There's a brief video of her appearance buried in this piece about her hitherto unrevealed six-year separation from her husband, mostly focused on her changing hairstyles over the years.
When I first read this, I said to myself, "I would've thought Meryl Streep and her husband were sensible enough not to let hairstyles ruin a marriage."
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

There's a brief video of her appearance buried in this piece about her hitherto unrevealed six-year separation from her husband, mostly focused on her changing hairstyles over the years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lif ... 99fe&ei=15
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

Big Magilla wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:02 am Glad you were able to make it, Cal.
Thank you, Big Magilla, it was great. She will give a public speech tomorrow, I hope you’ll be able to know from the States what she has to say. I’ll try to share some pieces of news in English as of tomorrow if I manage to find them.
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light". - Dylan Thomas
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Glad you were able to make it, Cal.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

Today I attended a public encounter with Meryl Streep, hosted by Antonio Banderas, in my hometown, Oviedo, in the North of Spain, where on Friday the King of Spain and his daughter, the Princess of Asturias, will bestow on Meryl the award for Arts given by the Princess’ Foundation. After the Nobel prize, this is the most important award there is in Europe. There were about two thousand people in the crowd listening to their relaxed conversation -although Banderas sometimes drew more attention to himself than the event required- and I was one of the lucky ones. I didn’t have the opportunity to meet her personally, of course, we were a large audience, but this was a once in a lifetime occasion.

I loved how she referenced, among lots of things, that the most challenging role of her career was in Kramer vs. Kramer, and that the excellent memory she had back in those days allowed her not to memorize her English parts of the Sophie’s Choice screenplay, as the role had made such a deep impression on her from the first reading.

Truly a great lady, with such an easy way to adapt herself to every situation, subject matter or remark. I’ll never forget this day.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I haven't, no.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

Big Magilla wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:51 am Where there's a will, there's a way. Good luck, trying, Cal.
Thank you. Have you ever met her?
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Where there's a will, there's a way. Good luck, trying, Cal.
CalWilliam
Temp

Meryl Streep wins Princess of Asturias Award for Arts

Post by CalWilliam »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... story.html

It will be an honor to see Meryl Streep coming to my beautiful home Asturias (North of Spain) in October to receive this prestigious award, which Michael Haneke, Francis Ford Coppola, Peter Brook and Martin Scorsese, among many others, also won. I hope I’ll be able to meet her someway.

Return to “The People”