Site Updates & Suggestions

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Site Updates & Suggestions

Post by OscarGuy »

With Oscar season winding down, I thought I'd get your input on some changes I was thinking about making to my site. I started originally as oscarguy.com, but the Academy didn't like that, so I changed over to Cinema Sight. Well, it didn't have the same awards cachet as the original name, so I've thought about launching a "subsite" to Cinema Sight and making it the awards destination, leaving my main site as a general film-oriented site. It might simply just be a slight re-branding or a new landing page for the site, but that's where I'm at.

Right now, I've been mulling the name Awards Landscape and having perhaps a pastoral theme to the site. Beyond that, are there particular changes or suggestions you would like to see us do? Thoughts on new features or return of old features? The post-Oscar dead zone is usually a good time to work on stuff like this and it would allow a small launch in May for our site's first official predictions of 2023.

Some of the things I am considering shifting to the new site are the awards history sections of the website, any of the precursor announcements and Oscar-related stuff (such as Peter's Oscar Profile and my Oscar Preview features) and possibly even a new home for the UAADB (after I get that updated to the current version of phpBB in the next few weeks, which I'm warning you about in advance because I will have to lock and take down the site for a short time while this happens).

Anyway, give it some thought and let me know.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”