Bruce Willis To Retire Due to Aphasia

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Bruce Willis To Retire Due to Aphasia

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't know if it rises to the level of exploitation but there have been reports of directors whom he has worked with over the past few years cutting back on his dialogue because they knew he couldn't handle it on the Grade D films he was making. I guess a grunt is good as a line for someone with his condition. That comes awfully close to exploitation if you ask me.

Remember the incident during the pandemic when he walked into a pharmacy with his mask around his neck instead over his nose and mouth, not realizing there was a problem? That was surely the sign of something being wrong.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Bruce Willis To Retire Due to Aphasia

Post by Sabin »

I don't see a post on this yet. I understand that it's been a pretty big week.

Very sad news. Already a ton has been written about how this explains his seven years of truly garbage output, especially following what a wonderful year he had in 2012 where audiences were treated to the one-two punch of Looper and Moonrise Kingdom, which hinted at new horizons for the actor... which might now be sadly un-met.

As a human being, I can't imagine that starring in five movies a year is good for his condition. The explanation is he's made the decision to provide for his family while he can. I don't know anyone involved in this story personally, but I really, really hope he's not being exploited.

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... caregivers
"How's the despair?"

Return to “The People”