Pre-Show Discussion

For the films of 2021
mlrg
Associate

Re: Pre-Show Discussion

Post by mlrg »

OscarGuy wrote:I think they originally wanted to secure specific arrivals for themselves and no one else, but I don't think they ever succeed at doing that.
They didn’t!
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

They saw how popular the E! red carpets were that they decided to do it themselves. I think they originally wanted to secure specific arrivals for themselves and no one else, but I don't think they ever succeeded at doing that.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

OscarGuy wrote:Yeah. They were going to do that. The winners are being melded into the show itself, not the pre-show.
Yes, I know that. I’m just questioning the point of doing it. One hour of an absolute pointless pre taped red carpet interviews.
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

This pre-show award thing is terrible.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Yeah. They were going to do that. The winners are being melded into the show itself, not the pre-show.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

Instead of showing the winners the producers preferred to show one hour of pre taped arrivals that everyone had already seen on E! and other networks…
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Pre-Show Discussion

Post by OscarGuy »

Pre-Show Discussion
Wesley Lovell

Return to “94th Academy Awards”